Would they leave CIN3 after 1a1?

Hi ladies, my story is abnormal smear, LLETZ in Jan, diagnosed cc 1a1 in Feb, 2nd LLETZ done to check no more cc and to clear margins of CIN3. Results from 2nd LLETZ show no cc but still unclear margins for CIN3. Its going to an MDT next week. My question is could they leave the CIN3 and have me back in 6 months for another smear? (I’ve read previous posts etc that some women have been left for 6 months but only for CIN3 diagnoses, no cc). Or would they definitely do more treatment? Anyone been through similar? 

Hiya

I don't know how similar our situations are but I've had 2 Lletz without clear margins and they were not happy to leave it for 6 months. Neither of the surgeons who performed my lletz were happy to do that and I didn't have a definite cc diagnosis. They didn't want to leave an area of cin3 that could contain invasive cells

They will discuss your case at the Mdt and I guess it will depend on several factors - the type of cc they found, whether they think cauterisation got the remaining margins etc.

Hopefully you find out soon as the waiting is the worst.

xx

Hey, thanks for replying. I thought they wouldn’t want to leave them too but I just wondered if that was a thing they do sometimes. I don’t particularly feel safe at the  thought of them being left either. They didn’t tell me how unclear the margins are or anything, so it’s just a waiting game till I find out. Take care x