Vagina issues

I completely relate to your message. I was so upset with my radiation Dr and his nurses. His exact words to me before the treatment was “ there will be minimal discomfort with intercourse and as long as you have sex 2-3 times a week on a regular you will be just fine.” No stated how your vagina will close up if you don’t use a dilator and or have sex 2-3 times a week til after the fact. I went into at office 6weeks post treatment and lay into that Dr and nurse. For I am a nurse but I’m not in that speciality so I don’t know all the in’s and outs of it. And I know better than to google smh. My vagina is so much shorter now. My husband is a nice 8in and now I’m only can take maybe 4-5in and it feels like he’s hitting a wall and it’s so painful. If I would have known all this before hand like I should had I wouldn’t have done the internal treatment. I’m still having severe discharge like I did before being Dx to where I wear a pad constantly. The thought of having to use a dilator/vibrator for the rest of my life so my vagina doesn’t close up breaks my heart. I’m only 40 and I’m in the peak of my sexual life and this is awful. I will say after taking everyone’s advise the vibrator is much better. [quote=“Amandale, post:1, topic:57128, full:true”]
**Hi, I’m almost 5months from treatment. I had stage 2 and chemo and internal and external radiation. It’s my first time on here and just needing some support on the vaginal changes. I’m using the dilators and notice the shortening of vagina and tightness. It’s painful to use dilators I’ve used multiple sizes. I’m having bleeding while using. I’m also going to physical therapy once a week for pelvic floor treatment. And I’m still so discouraged and even heartbroken in the change of my vagina. I’ve had sex multiple times and it’s so different now and painful I usually end up in tears afterwards. I try to use dilators as much as I can but it’s depressing and I end up crying during and after. I wasn’t told this was going to happen before or during treatment so I’m now mentally trying to get through this and I guess I’m just reaching out to see if anyone can help?
[/quote]