Ungraded CIN crypt involvement

Hi ladies
First time I’ve posted here, last year i had an abnormal smear test, it came back high grade severe, with HPV, i went for colposcopy and they said i didn’t need lletz treatment as it was CIN1 and not actually high grade severe so they decided to watch and wait. Was recalled last month for smear which came back borderline changes, went for colposcopy again and had 2 biopsies. They came back HPV positive and CIN1 and then ungraded CIN with endocervical crypt involvement. I have been told that i have been refferred to the colposcopy multi disciplinary team meeting and they will be in touch with a plan.
I am absolutely terrified and hate this waiting game, has anyone else had the same and able to put my mind at ease :pray:

Thankyou :heart:

2 Likes

Hello

I am going through the same as you my biopsie showed precancerous cells but we’re u able to grade the so I am waiting for the mdt meeting the start of Feb? Have you had yours back?

Hi no i phoned them last week to chase up and they said a load of people were missed at the last MDT meeting so i have to wait until the next one on 29th january then they will call me, the wait is so worrying :worried:

Sounds about right :pleading_face: let me know how u get on mine is supposed to be the start of Feb no date given.

Hello I was just wondering if you had you phone call and if everything was ok :smiling_face:

Hi no phonecall yet, she said the MDT meeting is today and she will call me personally after the meeting this afternoon or tomorrow at the latest, I’ll let you know the outcome

1 Like

Ok hope it’s all good news x

Had a phonecall and an email, it is good news, they said no more than cin 1 was seen on the biopsy,no signs of cervical cancer and they have discharged me from colposcopy, have to have a repeat smear in 1 year. Hope you get your results quickly after the MDT meeting and you get good news too xx

1 Like

Ah that’s great news I will call them find out when the meeting will be they said start of Feb so hopefully will be the same outcome :smiling_face: happy for you I will let u know how I get on x

1 Like

Got my meeting results they cannot decide weather it is high grade cin/ precancerous cells so I have to go for a letts cone biopsy is that all the same and not two different things?

I had the cone biopsy but haven’t had the lletz procedure, the lletz should remove all of the abnormal cells i believe? Hope all goes well for you xx

1 Like

I have to have both under local obviously searching info of it all :see_no_evil: it’s because of a small area but need to take more. So nervous now. Wil let you know how I get on thankyou for replying x