Stage 2b treatment

One step closer to finish treatment lovely

Anything ginger, grazing on rich tea biscuits and Jacob’s crackers

Make sure you take the tablets xx

1 Like

@khicks how are you feeling during treatment?

Hi @Kellybug221 i’m doing pretty good, how about you? I’m down 2 chemos and 8 radiations. My biggest issue last week was a really bad bout of constipation! I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate and that didn’t even work which scared me! Ate a McDonald’s quarter pounder with cheese on Friday and that did trick hahaha. I’ve been fine ever since…I think the grease moved along the magnesium citrate and I’m more than cleaned out now! lol. I’ve also felt a bit of fatigue, but nothing I can’t handle. I’m glad I took the short term disability for myself as my work is such a high priority for me, that I need to learn to focus on myself and let my body rest when it needs it…and that’s what I’ve been doing. One thing that is driving me insane and I wasn’t expecting as a side effect because of the chemo being such a low dose…I have awful ringing in my ears that is happening pretty often off and on and I feel like I have hearing loss already…almost like I’m under water. Doesn’t sound like it’s reversible either…I’m just hoping it doesn’t get worse with each treatment as I still have 3 to go. :pensive:

1 Like

@khicks I’m so sorry to hear about some of the effects you are experiencing. I’m hoping they don’t get any worse and maybe resolve in time.
McDonald’s is always the go to for that situation!! :rofl:
I am feeling fatigued as well, also grateful to be off work. I think you are so right… this is a time to focus on “us” and what we need to get through this.
Prayers are continued! We got this! 🩵

2 Likes

Yes! We got this! I’m grateful that I’m able to take the time to myself as I feel this is something I’ve never done and it is much needed :heart:. Prayers to you too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Justpeachythanks you had/have a pet scan coming up correct? And word :pray:t3:

Late to the party here but I’ve had chemo radiation for 2b and it was absolutely do-able. I’ve been NED for over 4,5 years now and am doing well

4 Likes

Had my full body CT Scan and Pelvis MRI and I get the results on Tuesday

Whilst I am thinking about the results and cancer daily I am not letting it get me down. What will be will be as I cannot change the outcome.

I say this but I am sure I’ll be massively upset if it is bad news :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@Justpeachythanks sending many prayers your way! Please let us know!

Stay strong 🩵

1 Like

Any news yet? Have been thinking of you!

@KHicks how are you holding up?

Hey there! I’m on my way to treatment #15 and still doing great! After today I have 10 radiation and 2 chemos left. I was having hearing loss from the chemo drug, so they switched me to a new one last week and all is going good. I honestly feel better than I did before treatment started since I completely stopped drinking! Did you have your surgery last week? How are things with you? Good I hope! Xoxo

@Justpeachythanks did you get your results today? Praying for good news for you! Xoxo

Glad to hear it!
I actually has surgery in December. Healed well from that. I have one more chemo and 8 more radiation. Lots of fatigue and some nausea but it’s going ok I suppose. I see the light!

1 Like

Sorry, I had you confused with Sarah who is having surgery around this time :smiling_face:. Glad to hear your coming towards the end! I’m having a daily count down :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

1 Like

Hey love

Good news that my CT scan was clear apart from my pelvis. My MRI scan showed my tumour had responded to treatment beautifully but there is a v.small spot of note.

The radiologist cannot confirm if it’s cancer or scar tissue. There is no uptake to this area so my oncologist is positive that the odds point to scar tissue. As a result I am going for a PET scan in the next 2 weeks.

If it is cancer I’ll be referred back to the gyno team for biopsy/exploratory surgery to see if the spot can be removed.

If it scar tissue I’ll be good to go but will be subject to MRI scans for the foreseeable future.

In short more waiting as won’t get result until this time next month!

I am okay because there is a plan either way AND my Oncologist warned me that I might not get NED at this meeting.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear you’re “ok”. I’d say that was a good scan. Many prayers coming your way… scar tissue hopefully being the finding!

1 Like

Sounds like good news and many prayers to you that it is just scar tissue! The waiting game is never fun. Xoxo

1 Like

Hi ladies! Seeing how everyone is doing?! I am about 2 weeks post treatment and seem to be rebounding well. I get some discomfort in my abdomen / pelvis at times, but I suppose with surgery then radiation this is expected. I’ve been praying for you all! Hopefully you all are doing well.

Hey @Kellybug221
Thanks for checking ! So good to hear recovering well !!
Are also getting chemo cisplatin ?