Returning to work after laparoscopic hysterectomy

I’m having a laparoscopic hysterectomy on April 12th. When did you return to work following your surgery?

I know that everyone has different types of jobs with different physical workloads, but I want to get a general idea. I can have up to 6 weeks off, and I have plenty of general leave so that I’ll be paid (luckily!). Thanks for your guidance and advice.

Hiya

I'm coming up to 4 weeks post RH. I dont actually have a job at the moment as I was a student when diagnosed, but i feel comfortable applying for jobs now as I think I will be fine in a week or so as long as there is no heavy lifting involved. I do get terribly tired if I spend the day up and about but im sure that will improve by 6 weeks post op.

xx

I went back to work 4 weeks post RH (ovaries left) with lymph nodes done laparoscopically. Luckily my boss was very flexible with me with a ‘phased return’ and basically sent home if I looked drained/tired. I still get tired now, but a little power nap before school runs allows me to recharge :)

All the best with yours xx

Hi

I went back to work 6 weeks post op, would have gone back maybe after 5 weeks as I'm office based. I'm out the house for 12 hours a days so was a bit wary. I went back on a phased return for the first two weeks so did Mon - Wed. I'm not normally a tired person, but come 5am on Wednesday I was shattered. Id say the tiredness lasted until 8 weeks post op. The main thing is to listen to your body and dont overdo it xx

May I ask what stage cancer you were to get laparoscopic?;I have some doctors recommending open abdominal and others
saying laparoscopic is safe. I had 1a2 removed by cone biopsy but one maybe wasnt clear so may have some residual cancer there still. Just trying to get a feel for what others are getting and how it went for them. Thank you so much!

May I ask what stage cancer you were to get laparoscopic? I have some doctors recommending open abdominal and others
saying laparoscopic is safe. I had 1a2 removed by cone biopsy but one maybe wasnt clear so may have some residual cancer there still. S
Did you have any lymph nodes removed? Sentinel node biopsy or lymphadenectomy?

Just trying to get a feel for what others are getting and how it went for them. Thank you so much!

How did it all go for you? I’m in the same situation as you now.

May I ask what stage cancer you were to get laparoscopic? I have some doctors recommending open abdominal and others
saying laparoscopic is safe. I had 1a2 removed by cone biopsy but one maybe wasnt clear so may have some residual cancer there still. Just trying to get a feel for what others are getting and how it went for them. Thank you so much!