Relationships after warts

I’ve tried to find advice by searching but my circumstances aren’t standard.

First of all i want to send well wishes to anyone who’s had a cancer diagnosis. I know my situation doesn’t compare to yours so please don’t think I’m suggesting it does.

I’ve just had warts diagnosed and therefore hpv. Thankfully I’ve been told it’s low risk. I’ve had cryotherapy to freeze them. The nurse explained this could have been dormant for years so i have no way of knowing how or when i got it and therefore who i might have infected.

I understand there’s no cure for hpv… my immune system should fight it. I have chronic fatigue and therefore a suppressed immune system so don’t know if my body will fight it.

1. Does that mean i can’t get rid of hpv?
  2. Should i tell future partners i have low risk hpv and they’re therefore were both at risk of warts?
  3. Does this mean i can’t receive oral sex any more in case my partner gets warts on their face?
  4. If I’m putting partners at risk of warts does that mean i should dtop having sex?

I’m so confused and feel awful asking these unimportant things when other people have had a diagnosis that’s so much more serious.

Id be grateful if any thoughts…

Hello Mva. As far as I understand you are advised not to have sex if the warts are showing,. But only if they are showing.
you just had treatment for them, I hope it went well and you are feeling OK after
The treatment should make the warts not visible anymore if that’s the case it means treatment worked and you can again be active in sex.
The HPV will hopefully clear soon before causing anymore damage but if it does you will need to be treated again and stop sex as soon as warts are showing as they are extremely easy to pass on when active.
When they are not is not a problem even if HPV positive. I would advise to use condoms and take HPV vaccine if you have not been vaccinated yet.
Hpv is not a normal STD it only affects a very low number of people as most people get rid of it without even realising so is not treated like one and all doctors I spoke to never said stop sex because of HPV
I hope this helps.

Take care and hopefully the warts will never come back for you.

1 Like