Post Hysterectomy - Vagina

Hi

So I am 5 weeks post op and doing OK.
The stitches at the top of my vagina are still there, and having had a feel about my vagina feels short! When the cervix was there I knew it would sort of move up, however now there is just a run of stitches. Will these dissolve or fall out? Will my vagina get longer? Or is that as long as it goes?

Thank you

No advice sorry just wanted to let you know that you've posted in the forum protocol section.

Autumn x

Thanks Autumn, I have amended the section to the right one :-) xx

Hi Bex,

I am 9 weeks and 4 days post op. A couple of weeks ago I could still feel stitches at the top of my vagina (one part in particular). Today I had another feel and finally it feels healed. I thought I'd notice the stiches falling out, but I didin't.

I went ahead and had sex almost 8 weeks post op, gently the first couple of times as I was more nervous than expected, probably because I could still feel stitches, then a few days later a bit more 'normally'. After the slighly more vigourous sex I did feel a bit sore the next day, but in my abdomen rather than my vagina.

Anway, neither my husband or I felt the removal of the top of my vagina made any difference so hopefully it will be fine for you too. My doctor explained that the part of the vagina they remove is the part that the cervix usually hangs down into, so it isn't really useable space, so to speak.

I do find my orgasms are a bit less all consuming now that I don't have my cervix and uterus. I haven't heard anyone else mention that on here though. It's not massively noticeablet though, I can live with it.