New Support Group in Bristol

New Support Group for women who have or have had any sort of gynaecological cancer

This group will start in Central Bristol, at a handy location 10 minutes from Temple Meads or the Hippodrome.

First meeting is Sunday 26th January 2020, 4 - 5.30pm

There will be refreshments and this is a relatively comfortable room.

The purpose of this group is to break down isolation between women who have or have had any sort of gynaecological cancer. I am a survivor of 3b Cervical cancer and really benefited from a short lived support group that Jo’s Trust ran a few years ago. This is a peer support group, not a therapy group, the aim of of which is to offer mutual support and encouragement.

Please contact me privately if you would like to come along and take part in the group and I will let you know where the meeting will be.

We can decide at this meeting whether this is a suitable venue, what subjects we would like to discuss in meetings (if any) and what we want from the meetings. This is an independent group but all women who have had a gynae cancer diagnosis are welcome to come along. It will be non-discriminatory and supportive.

I would like to go to this. Live in Mid Devon though and would probably go by train, if I can get the right train times etc.

Great. I have sent a poster to St Michael's hospital with 4pm start, but I will be there at 3.30 to put the kettle on, etc. Juley

I'm interested in attending this, please can you let me know the details

Great. The group will be at Redcliffe Methodist Church, Prewett St, BS1 6PB. Hope to see you there. Juley