Lletz side effects anyone?

Hello Ladies,

I don't know about you, but I am having issues with my period after lletz. So, my problem is that i am having a brownish discharge and sometimes a couple of drops of fresh blood about a week before my period... i'm almost 4 months post lletz and this never used to happen to me.. i was wondering if there are people that have the same problem. I did make an appointment with my GP next week. 

Hi,

This is so bizarre I was just coming on here to start a new post to ask the exact thing. I had my Lletz the start of March and my periods have been all over the place since. Same thing as you, browny blood almost like spotting for 3-4 days then a day or 2 of heavy bleeding then brown again. Altogether it’s lasting well over 7 days and is starting to worry me as no nurse/doctor warned me this might happen. My periods were like clock work pre lletz.

I feel a bit relieved to read you’re going through it too so it may actually be normal. I was thinking of visiting my GP. Please let me know how you get on.

Amy

Hi Amy,

Same here, i feel relieved to hear that i'm not the only one having this problem. I will keep you posted. Xx

there is a face book group recovering from loop/leetz please have a serch

Hi Elaine,

Please do keep me posted! I’m on day 8 of my period now and thinking of making a doctors appointment myself! Starting to get quite worrying!

Amy

Hi there,

So, the GP is not worried because it isn't causing me any pain or discomfort. However she gave me a swab for the discharge, to take it MYSELF and drop it off to the surgery... she said I need to wait 3 more months and if it still goes on to go back and then maybe i ll have a scan to see what is going on... to be honest the whole time she seemed like she wanted to get rid of me quick... if you decide to go to GP, plese let me know... maybe you're lucky to get answers xx

Hi Elaine,

Doesn’t sound like a nice trip to the GP. Quite shocked you were told to take your own swab! At least she’s didn’t seem to concerned by it all. I’m going to try get an appointment this week to go see mine for peace of mind. I will let you know if I have more luck with mine for answers!

Amy xx

I started a facebook group for long term side effects - 'Healing From LLETZ' you could try asking there as lots of us have side effects we weren't warned about.

Hi Elaine,

Visited a GP today. Not my normal one, but she wasn’t at all concerned. She said it’s very normal for your period to be a bit all over the place for a while after the treatment. She really did not seem at all concerned. So I’m guessing it can be normal. I’m going to see how my next one goes and if it’s sto worrying I’ll try go to my usual GP.

Must be a good sign if both our GPs didn’t seem over bothered by it!

Amy xx

Hi Amy,

That's great news! Thanks for keeping me posted! Xxx