Hips

Has anyone had sore hips after all treatment has finished and finds it hard walking up stairs and if so what did the doc say I went and they gave me ibuprofen

Ugh the hips! Mine were bugging me mostly when I would first wake up. They felt very stiff and did every time I was still for too long. Yoga helps alot and I also started taking a higher dose of vitamin d which also helps! I don't take anything for pain at all anymore.  I am almost 2 months out of treatment.

Hi Leanne :-)

Yes I had sore hips and difficulty with stairs for quite a while after treatment, but it gradually went away and I have been back to normal for a long while now. I can't remember how long it actually took because it sort of faded away so there was no particular day that I woke up and said 'Hey! my legs are normal again' but it was definitely less than a year (I think ;-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Me to , I do a lot of driving for my job , I struggle to walk when I first get out of my car !! my hips are so stiff , I'm not really in any pain there just very stiff .

greeni 

xx 

Hi Leanne 

i have sore hips mine are the same it's worse in a morning  feel like an old woman with the 1st few steps of getting out of bed it also seems worse if I'm stood still in one position for a while so if I'm stood cooking I tend to jig about  I'm sure it just side effects from the treatment I take paracetamol for mine which knocks the pain off I would mention it to your CNS nurse or  your consultant they maybe able to give you some pain killers it exercises to do 

love michelle xx 

Becareful taking ibuprohine becasue it effects the kidneys - i was given them when I had hip pain and it's kind of gone now but rears its head now and then! Walking a lot causes my hips to really ache and hurt.

ive now been told i am not to take ibuprofen becasue I've got really bad kidneys since the treatment (I've also got stents in them) - the joys! I found a warm bath and gentle exer and not trying to over do inks and resting helps

Hi Leeanne,

Yes, my hips are incredibly painful and stiff. My butt and thighs also feel like ive done a squillion squats and legs, bums & tums classes.

My macmillan nurse said this is normal but to mention it to my team when i go for my next meeting. They will probably give me calcium & vit d tablets.

I currently rake codeine & ibuprofen on a night so i can reduce the pain enough to sleep. 

Cant wait for this side effect to go lol 

Love Em xxx

Hi Leanne

I get really stiff hips too, but I also have really sore knees! Do you? I don't like to take too many meds, but am doing exercises in the pool nearly everyday. This does help.

Abby xx

Yes I have problems with my knees and legs being sore I went back to work last week  as I work in the schools had all the holidays off and I'm off today I'm nackerd I've gOt the hospital the end of the month so will see what the doc says 

I work at a school too and had a day with the little ones - talk about agony at the end of the day!!!  Sending love & light. :-)

Hiya I been to the doc today and he sent me for a scan of my hips today to see what is happening and gave me more ant inflamotories to help  and to get bloods done before I go to the doc at the hospital 

I had scans and X-rays and they came back clear and I was offered physio but because my pain went I didn't wnd up going but it's now come back with a vengance  I'll be booking back in.

they usually just give you pain killers but the pain shoul subside eventually x