Has anyone else been treated with just chemo for stage 3b

I am sorry you feel like that people are rude and gossipy! I get what you mean about wanting to send out a newsletter I felt the same I just wanted everyone to know so there wasn’t any awkwardness!

When I shaved my head I posted a picture to my social media with the caption ‘it’s rude not to stare’ :rofl: I felt best to have a little laugh with it, and I was actually quite surprised how much I didn’t hate my bald hair! Now it’s growing back it’s a different tale as it’s abit crazy!

I brought loads of beautiful hair turbans from an online store called Bella turbans and eadie
Chops and if anyone was looking at me I think it was because I had the most stylish headwear and really rocked the no hair look.

Xx

1 Like

Hi Helen, yes I was staged at 3C1 and I had the standard 25 Radiotherapy and 5 Chemo (over 5 weeks and 3 brachtherapy. I also live in a small village and was so thankful I didn’t have to tell anyone as I wasn’t going to lose my hair with the cisplatin so I totally get your concern. Before I knew my treatment plan I did put in place many “hair loss scenarios” including a huge henna tattoo on my head but I think I’d have settled for the good old scarf. Many women at radiotherapy were wearing scarves and they looked absolutely fine xxx

Thank you both.

@Leahlouise I think the social media reveal is a good idea! I will see how brave I’m feeling (although to be honest I probably won’t give a sh*t by then :joy:)

@Snowbird ahhhh I’m pleased you didn’t lose your hair. Watching my daughter lose her hair was the worst part of her treatment (for me anyway). She really didn’t care at all. :blush: