Dilators

hi there I just finished treatment last week so now have to wait 3 weeks before I start using the dilators. I’m a little bit scared to use them incase it’s painful as I havent been sexually active with my partner since I was diagnosed way back in January

is it as bad as I’m thinking or what s my mind working overtime

Hi - I found them to be fine. I find it a bit tedious using them every other day but they aren’t painful. You just start with the smallest one and work your way up. You will be fine so please don’t worry. 

Hi Susan thank you for your reply I feel so silly being scared to use the dilator. I’ve not to use them for another two weeks yet so I’m hoping by the the time I have to use them the fear of it has calmed down.

charmaine

They not to bad  as other lady said  a bit of chore at least treatment  over u can not start ya recovery 

Hi Charmaine83 

I've just searched the forum to find this thread by Mousehouse who really made me laugh with her take on dilator use. Start off small and don't panic 

https://www.jostrust.org.uk/forum/cervical-cancer-%E2%80%93-post-treatment/dilation-next-stage

yep its me, the dilation queen haha!

dont worry -its no where near as bad as you think. think of it as a clinical thing and you will be reet(as they say in yorkshire!)

i am up to Thor the third and im 5 1/2 moths post reatment.

my oncologist said i mustn worry about WTF the fourth as very few ladies get to that size .

omg , its eyewateringly big!! or am I easily pleased? not sure.

i was petrified and slightly discusted at the thought of them at first, but now im pretty mush used to the pink perils and you know, every girl wants a functioning foof, just in case!!! lol

as Sooze says-start small and work your way up

i found it easier on the next size up to first dilate with the one you are used to, then use the bigger one-its a little easier that way and less frighteneing

xx