colposcopy results confusing

Hi,

I had my colposcopy 10 weeks ago and it came back as mild inflammation results. In letter it also says that I will have to have repeat colposcopy after 12 months. I’m bit worried that it’s long time and there might be changes happening before 12 months. Maybe anyone had similar results and can share. Thank you

Hello, I am guessing you had a colposcopy because of a HPV positive result, this is very slow growing and most abnormal cells go back to normal and only a few unlucky women like myself end up with CIN3 or CIN2, this are the cell abnormalities that would need treatment anything less than that and is a wait and check in next appointment if any abnormalities have reverse, you only have mild inflammation try not to worry there is a high chance it will be back to normal in a year.
There is a few things you could do to help your inmune system get rid of the virus .if you smoke stop eat healthy and try not to stress. Also vitamins may be helpful. Please have a read in this site for information about HPV and cell changes it was very helpful for me to understand what it all means. Take care

1 Like