CIN 3 and No mention of HPV

Hi Ladies, 

I had an abnormal smear back in January and was referred for a colposcopy. I had the colposcopy and the nurse took a punch biopsy. She advised it was a small area but was most likely CIN2/CIN3 but wouldn't put it through as urgent. 
 I received the results after 2 months which confirmed CIN3 and treatment letter will follow. I have an appointment end of May. 
 I contacted my GP to ask what it means and whether or not HPV was present as the letter was very vague but my GP was also very vague and said she wasn't sure. 

Is HPV always present or can you have one and not the other? 

anytime I try and discuss my concerns with my GP I don't get an answer and I just feel at a loss. 

Hi

Did your smear result mention HPV?

x

Hi, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately none of the letters I've received regarding my appointments have mentioned HPV. My GP also couldn't answer that question. 

My appointment with Gynaecology is on 28th so I'm unsure what to expect. They mention very little in the letter regarding any treatment, nor was there any leaflet with information. I can't help but feel a little frustrated.