Chemo or rads first? Opinion and suggestions needed!

Hi Leah!!!

I hope this message finds you well. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I told your story to my mum and she was so glad for you and it motivates her to keep her spirits up. Me too, I am overjoyed to hear your positive progress!! I hope your last chemo as well as the remaining treatments that they plan for you will get rid of all the cancer forever!! Sending you lots of love, strength, and positivity to overcome this all, Leah.
YOU WILL BEAT THIS! Please keep us updated with your progress.

Oh and Dawn, please read Leah’s story too! These are the things that we need to focus on, in order to keep us going. All love :smile:
Onwards and upwards xx

Kayla

Hello Kayla just wondering how your mom is doing ? Xx

1 Like

Hey Dawn. How are you? I hope you’re doing well during your treatment. My mum is fine she just finished her fourth chemo two weeks ago but recent blood results show low platelets count. The oncologist asked us to do the MRI first on 13 December, if the tumour is operable, then he will perform radical hysterectomy. However, if the tumour hasn’t shrunk enough, she will proceed with the radiotherapy and brachytherapy… How is your chemo going on? I hope the side effect is not too harsh and I pray that the chemo is working effectively to kill all the cancer in your body. Sending love, hugs, and strength your way xx

Kayla

Hi Kayla happy your mom is doing really well. I started my first chemo on Tuesday have been ok but now I have started a period even though I’m through menopause and I’m constipated I don’t know which one I’m getting the pelvic cramps from, did your mom suffer from any of this? I’ve just phoned the hospital and am waiting on a call back, xx

Hi Kayla how did your moms scan go, hope she’s heading in the right direction, I feel your mom is going through the same as me with the chemo first so I’m interested to know everything is working it helps me loads xx

Hey Dawn! I hope you’re doing well. Sorry for the delayed response, I was quite busy with works and my mum’s treatments that’s why I just logged in again today to read new post and to check up on you as well.

My mum is doing very well, she just finished her last radiotherapy today (25 sessions) and she will start her brachytherapy at the beginning of next month. Her hair starts to grow again and she’s really ecstatic about that haha. Thank you for checking up on her. Last scan in December (after 4 rounds of chemo, prior to radiotherapy) showed significant shrinkage of the tumour so we’re beyond relieved and happy with the result.

What about you Dawn? I hope everything is great on your side. Are you still on the chemo or radiotherapy right now? Praying that the treatments will get rid all of the cancer forever. Sending you lots of love, strength, and positivity! Please keep us updated with your progress, Dawn! <3

1 Like