Carbo/Taxol/Avastin thread

Good evening ladies

I am having a tough time finding all the useful information about this cocktail on the website. No search brings up much information and a lot of search results are from 2010-15. It is all scattered and unorganised.

The idea is to share experiences of treatment, if you are going through it now, or have gone through it in the past. 

What you took with you during treatment

What worked for you to ease any nausea you may have had.

What other side effects you had - from the mild to the really bad. (I am terrified of fistula and they won't operate on me if one happens except to fit a colostomy or urostomy)

How long you were on the cocktail?

If it worked, how long for, how long did it take to work?

Did any of you have a portacath? What were your experiences of that?

I'd really like something comprehensive that i can ask the moderators to stick to the top of the treatment thread so any woman who feels she needs answers can go directly there. 

Please put in any advice or information that you think I may ahve missed.

Hi

Im not sure if you're already part of the advanced section but there's lots of ladies on there (including myself) that have been through the chemo cocktail you are talking about. There's lots of posts on there with side effects people have had and success stories of how well it's worked. It's definitely worth going there to see as you probably won't find anything about that treatment in this section. I think this is reserved for the non advanced treatment. 
Hope you find more answers there. And I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have about it. 

Alice xxx

Hi Alice  

Thanks, I am already part of the advanced section. My hope in making this particular thread was to form a targeted area to find information regarding the cocktail instead of singular stories in different places. My hope is to help others going into this treatment to have one place to go for the vital info and then if they want answers to more individual questions they can ask those seperately. I think i just repeated myself. Ha.