Bleeding

Is it possible to have a period 6 months after having cervical cancer treatment?
I had 24 days radiation, 5 days of chemotherapy and 4 days of internal radiation.
I was told I would never see a period again but now I’m bleeding and feel like I have a period. Is this normal?
I called my oncolgy Centre but they don’t seems to be very concerned, I on the other hand, am petrified!!
Please help.

Hi Xandra, 

Chemoradiation bring on the menopause and no more periods indeed.

Using the dilator/sexual intercourse may lead to a bit of spotting or some bleedng afterwards but if what you are experiencing is unrelated to this then please contact your nurse, gynae or oncologist and don't let anyone fob you off.

Any bleeding should be investigated.

I hope there is a straghtforward explanation to what you are going rough but don't leave it  .

sending you big hugs and positive vibes,

Nx

1 Like

Hi Naz

I only noticed today that you sent me a reply, Thank You.

I didn’t even remember that I had posted on this site before.  I did go and have things checked out and the bleeding was from the womb and nothing to do with the cervix, thank god!

Had another pap smear done and I was confirmed all clear again, my next check up is this week.

I just posted something on the One Year Post Treatment forum and that’s when I noticed your message.

Thanks again for you concern

Kind regards

Xandra

1 Like

@Xandra ,

Hello I hope you are well. I know this was an old post but just wanted to look for positive outcome while I wait for my MRI and doctor appointment. Two days ago I suddenly had a bleed which is bright red with tiny clots looked like period blood but also stopped right after that initial bleed. Of course I’m thinking the worst and they scheduled me for scans. On your post you said it’s coming from the womb, did they have to do anything about it as it’s not cancer related at all? Was it just a one time incident? Sorry for all the questions. Sending you much love. Xx