HPV Therapeutic Vaccine trials

Thanks for posting that, Darwin smile Yes, the more trials for therapeutic vaccines taking place the better and I just want to be optimistic, as a few years ago, I just thought, there is no end to this, but it does make you feel hopeful... xxx

Just saw this online, “First woman in UK receives dose of therapeutic HPV vaccine”

https://www.wrh.ox.ac.uk/news/firstpatientdoseinHPVclinicaltrial

Hoping for a good outcome and a fast trial!

5 Likes

Amazing news, thanks for sharing ! x

2 Likes

Great news!

1 Like

Oh wow, thanks for posting, KittyCat01.

Keeping everything crossed for the person who had the vaccination, let’s hope it’s a great success.

Xxx

Hi All,

So back in June 2020 I emailed the University of Oxford that are doing the HPV vaccine trial for HPV001 (the same trial as per my post above about the first UK dose)

Well I have just got a response to that email as follows:

“”Hello!

Thank you for your previous interest in our study. Oxford has now opened for recruitment and we are currently in the process to establish interest and eligibility.

Please get in touch with us if you are

• Still interested in participation

AND

• Meet all of the following criteria:

• Female aged between 25 – 55

• Positive HPV test (e.g. smear) in the last 6-18 months

• Diagnosis of low-grade cervical lesion (CIN1 or HPV-only) in last 12 months

• No evidence for CIN2/3 or LLETZ since 2019

• Using effective contraception (progesterone only mini-pill, depot and implant are not eligible )

• Not received AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in the past 3 months (Pfizer/Moderna is OK)

• Live within 1 hour drive/journey of Oxford*

• *More study sites and further information can be found at, [Prime-boost Vaccine Study in Women With Low-grade Cervical HPV Lesions - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov]

We wish you all the best and are looking forward to hearing from you.””

I unfortunately do not qualify, but maybe someone here does!!

As per the University of Oxford website: If you are interested, please contact the research team on hpv-study@wrh.ox.ac.uk

3 Likes

Hi Kitty, thanks so much for posting all that, as
I’ve also just had that email as well but also don’t qualify to join but let’s hope others can!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello Everyone

Have you seen the wonderful news today about how the HPV vaccine has meant a drastic reduction in cc and cell abnormalities for the generation who were fortunate enough to receive it? It gives me hope that the next step might be to develop a therapeutic vaccine/treatment for anyone diagnosed with HPV in the future. Let’s hope that the success of the vaccine programme in the UK will mean that the vaccine can be rolled out in other countries so that worldwide cervical cancer rates will drop.

Nice to hear some good news!
A

2 Likes