Development of Northern Ireland Service

Hi all

I just wanted to make you aware of a event being held on the 21st of June in Belfast aimed at patients who have undergone major pelvic treatment for gynaecological cancers. This is to learn more about the patient experience with a view to developing new NHS services to support those with long term consequences of treatment in Northern Ireland. 

I've attached the flyer below with more information. Please do get in touch with them if you are in Northern Ireland and would like to participate.

Best wishes

Rebecca

NI Event

Hi Rebecca

i’m in Northern Ireland and am interested in this. We seem to be slightly left behind in terms of information. I’m really noticing this as I am in the North West if the province and have a 150mile daily commute for Radiotherapy. We have a Camcer centre in Derry but not enough people getting Gynae Cancers to warrant an Oncologist which is shocking.

thanks for posting 

mall the best Shauna

ps my PM’s aren’t working and I have a private message I need to answer could you have a look

ta x

Hi Shauna

That is a really long journey to have treatment every day, you must be exhausted! 

This event would be a great way to share your experience so that they can feed that into their services. Please do tell the other patients in the Derry Cancer Centre too. This is hopefully a way to reduce some of the isolation you must be feeling. 

We're also hoping to run an event in NI sometime next year so please do look out for any updates.

I'll have a look at your Messaging function now.

Thanks for letting me know.

Rebecca

Hi Shauna

Have you tried accessing the messages from the link in the User Menu section?

I can't see a problem with your account. Would you please mind logging out and then in again and seeing if you can access the message from there please.

Thanks

Rebecca