Your recovery time?

Hi everyone.

I would like to know which treatments you did and how long it took you to recover. By recover I mean tolerating moderate exercise.

It would be helpful if you could say your diagnosis, treatment and recovery time.

Also, could you say more of less your age when diagnosed (20s, 30s, 40s...) and if you had children before diagnosis?

Thank you!

I'll share mine as it'll be quite straightforward ...

I'm 41, two children (7 and 8)

I had a cone biopsy day surgery on the Friday, took it easy over the weekend then back to work on Monday.

Then I had a total hysterectomy (laparoscopically) in late December. I was struggling for about three weeks afterwards, barely walking kind of struggling. But I'm now nearly 6 weeks post op and I've just returned to work. I'm an early years teacher so its quite a physical job but my only exercise so far has been walking. I'm not braving running yet as things still like they're healing with twinges and cramps.  I have been using a heat pad in the evenings as my stomach feels a little sore at the end of the day. I was told to wait until 6 weeks to go swimming so I haven't been yet.

Hope that helps :)

Hello! 

36 years old , no children, diagnosed june 2017 , stage 1b1/1b2 squamos cell carcinoma. Had 4x carboplatin + paclitaxel, than radical laparosc hysterectomy (ovary kept) , than 5x brachy. No problem during chemo (even run at semi marathon , cross fitness, etc) , fast recovery after hysterectomy ( walking 2 km from day 5 and increasing to 7 km in day 7, in 2 weeks back at gym but taking it slow). No problem with brachy. my hysterectomy was on 3 oct 2017, at this moment i am doing anything. 

No limph nodes invasion, no lvsi invasion, god help us all ! 

My best to all of you! 

1 Like