worries about recurrence

Hi all I got the all clear 5 month ago I know great news and iv been really happy about it iv just got this niggling thought that's it's still not over with I had a radical hysterectomy lymph nodes out that came back clear I was lucky in the fact I didn't need chemo or radiotherapy I just feel paranoid it will come back .. I hope your all doing well and sorry iv not been on since getting the all clear this site was a real life line when I was waiting for my op x

Hi lisa...me too! I think we have been through so much and it's all part of the healing process both physical and mental. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't have some sort of panic/stress/meltdown of some sort! I am hoping it gets easier! H x

Hi. I was given the all clear in Jan 14. I got on with life but always with the worry of it coming back not to mention getting over the whole business in the first place. In October 14 I was disgnosed with VAIN (like CIN) and had to have another minor op. 

This had quite an effect on me. In so much as I really could not waste another second worrying about it coming back, because if it will it will, there's nothing I can do about it, and IF, big IF, it comes bavk I don't want to have to look back and think what time I wasted worrying. After that 2nd op I've had a much better attitude. Getting on with life, not worrying, taking each day as it comes.

Last week I had a 3 monthly follow up and am waiting on results. It's really hit me hard and I saud to my Mac nurse I just want to forget it ever happened and 'crack on'  

so, in answer to you, I think that fear us always there, but it lessens over time, but rears its ugly head up when check ups and follow ups are due. One small blessing I suppose is with CC if it's going to come back it comes back within 2 years for the vast najority of cases. Once we all reach the 2 year mark we can breathe even more freely. 

Hiya :-)

I was going to say much the same as 365days here, that the follow-ups are a reminder that there's a chance  .  .  . but it's only a chance.

Thanks so much for the two-year statistic :-D I didn't know that. Though I did feel as though the chance of a recurrance had dropped significantly by the time I reached the two-and-a-half year mark. Probably something subliminal about radioactive half-lives or somesuch.

Try not to frighten yourselves :-)

Be lucky

Tivoli

Thankyou  all I suppose we wouldn't be human if we didn't worry I will repost after my check up love this forum either to let off steam have a moan or giggle tivoli has been fab allways comments and puts me ease keep up the good fight ladies xx

Reading this has really helped me! I got the all clear before Christmas, but at some point every dany there is a fleeting "what if it comes back" thought. I thought it was just me who felt like this....

i dont one want to be defined by this bloody disease but sometimes the fear is overwhelming.

ruthie x