Worried24 year old

Hi guys so this is my first ever post & im just looking for some reasurrance! I had my first smear test done 12 days ago. Iv had one done slightly earlier than normal as after going to the docs for about a year they finally Gave in! I saw a locum doctor Id never seen before and described my symptoms to her (been to the docs almost every month since I had my youngest 18 months ago) irregular periods, very heavy To the point im having to change every 2-3 hours and often leaked, a hell of a lot of cramping & pain with each period (once my oh almost took me to A&E as I couldn't stand up without doubling over crippled with pain) and bleeding between periods & after sex.So she sent me for an ultrasound, which I had an internal that showed either a filling defect in the womb lining, a thickening of the womb lining, or a polyp/fibroid/mass in the womb lining. I went back to see the doc the day after my scan & they referred me to gynae & sorted out my smear.

I went for my smear 3 days after my period finished & they said this was okay. She started doing it & said I had bled but that it was normal, however when I got up & dressed I was bleeding a fair bit & she had to get me a pad. I went home & took some paracetamol & thought that was that. But the problem is iv not stopped bleeding since then! Like full blown mid fli period, bright red blood with some clots! I went back to the doc after 7 days & she said it wasn't normal so did an internal. She said my cervix was inflammed on one side & she would chase up my referal with the Gynae & put me on norethisterone to stop the bleeding (which it hasn't!!) 

So so I got my app from gynae on fri and its come through As an emergency app for this tues! I'm now worried sick! I'm still bleeding a lot, the cramps are intense & my stomach gets so bloated by late afternoon I look like I'm 6 months pregnant!! 

so so I guess I'm after some reassurrance & to see if this has happened to anyone else??

Hi there, I'm afraid I don't have experience of this so can't offer any direct advice but I just wanted to say I'm really glad you've found jos and I'm sure someone else will be along soon to give you some reassurance. You've obviously been going on at the doctors for a while and now they're finally listening and you can get the ball rolling to find out what's going on with your body. I'm 25 and having a little bit of a scary ride myself the last few months so I can sympathize with the age thing. It feels so young to be having problems with our lady bits. All the best with the appointment and let us know how it goes xxx

Hi jojo84 thanks for your reply!

sorry to hear your having a bad time of it lately! It's deff frightening at our age isn't it! I think I'm just more concerned that because i bled so bad that they won't have enough cells to test properly and even if they do & I get a negative that she just didn't get cells from the bad patch! I know I'm probably worrying over nothing but it doesn't helped with the other problems & the fact they've said its around 9 week wait for results here at the min! 

Good luck for your appointment today Lanny! xxx

Thank you Vicky,

I was at the hospital for a couple of hours, they've found a large lump on my cervix as well as one on the lining of my womb. Got to go and have a general anaesthetic to have them removed & sent of for testing, then they'll have a good look around & she mentioned they may cauterise the lining of my womb whilst they do it too x

Hey Lanny….I hope you don’t have too long to wait for your op. Just remember that it’s great you’re looking after your health and having the necessary procedures. So many ladies put these things off which is understandable as it can all be very scary. The waiting around for answers is tough but you’ll get there! Big hugs xx

Thank yu Vicky x