Worried

Hi, I'm new to this site.

I've had bleeding during intercourse and after, also pain in the right side of my abdomen and pain down the right side of my leg, if I sit forward the pain is worse, pain in my lower back.

I've seen my Gp who did an examine, she said I had a polyp on the right side of my cervix. I was sent to see a gyna Consultant who said I had a large ectropion on the anterior lip of my cervix, I had biopsies taken, I'm still awaiting results but I'm also awaiting a colposcopy. In my letter it stated that she biopsde due to the florid nature. I'm worried but also the pain is getting worse, anyone else experiencing these's problems.

Thanks in advance x

hello sweet.. I'm sorry your pain i. Getting worse and I don't really have any advice to give you but I'm sure someone else will.. I just wanted to ask you.. My Gp said she could see a growth on my cervix- she has urgently referred me for a scan and to see a gynocogist- if it was a poylp(sp) do you think she would have known this and told me??? Hope you feel better soon xx 

Hi Nicola,

I was told by my Gp it was a polyp and was sent to see a gyna under the two week rule, this worried me a lot, however apparently if a growth is seen all woman are referred under the two week rule.

as for your GP calling it a growth, different Gp use different terms. When I seen the gyne Consultant she said it was a large growth just a bit smaller than a golf ball, however again in the letter I received it was called a cervical ectropion, I guess it's just different terminology used.

hope you get it sorted soon x