Worried - Rash on arms/tummy

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. Since yesterday morning, a rash has been developing. It started on my arms, lots of bumps and redness, a little itchy. This morning, it has spread to my hands and started to appear across my stomach. However, there are now lots of tiny red dots and the skin feels rough as well.

I'm just curious as to what it is. Suggestions have been a reaction to antibiotics, allergic reaction or scabies from hospital stay.

I'm worried as I'm due to have brachy on Tuesday and I'm going to have to bloody ring the hospital tomorrow and I guarantee they'll want to see me. I don't want to call today as I've spent weekends there before and it takes about four hours before someone sees you, then my bloods had to be 'taxied' to another hospital so we were there all night.

Any advice?  

Thanks 

One more suggestion to add to the list might be anxiety? Just a thought. Do mention it to a medical professional though.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

My skin has become extremely dry and rough since I've been going through treatment and still is now and I'm almost finished. I would also have itching episodes where my entire body was so itchy I was scratching my skin and it was almost bleeding.....I don't know if this is the same thing as your experiencing but I was given antihistamines and I felt fine once they kicked in.

I know what you mean about not wanting to phone as I too have spent time in hospital and hated every second of it but it may be a reaction to the treatment? Although I don't think it's connected to the bracatherpy as I've had a session and I'm just uncomfortable down below sometimes.

Hope you get on ok!

Hello folk,

It turned out to be an allergic reaction to medication I was given during my first brachy and taking daily! After a week on antihistamines it's become just rough rather than being covered in a rash!

Thanks

So glad you have found out the cause. Here's hoping it clears up really soon now that you have the correct treatment for it

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli