Worried ... Follow Up

Hey ladies sorry for delay.... great news about your results i bet u feel like a weight has been lifted.

Smear was ok i was really nervous but the nurse was soo lovely and re assuring ... back to the waiting game im just praying for good news! This time next week u should have your results and hopefully put this nighgmare behind you. Thanks for your messages ladies they really help xx

Hi Louise,

Hope you had a lovely bank holiday weekend.

Glad your smear went well. It's only a 2 week wait for the results and a lot of the time they come a bit quicker than that.

Try to keep yourself busy thats what ive been doing and it does help a bit. I've been checking the post box everyday sometimes even twice a day lol xx

Hi Girls,

Just to let you know i got my results today, My smear was normal and no evidence of HPV!

Im so happy and relieved. Good luck with yours Louise im sure they will be the same.

Thank you for all your kind words

Let me know as soon as you get the results Louise. Xxx

Aw Simone that is excellent im so pleased for you! I bet you feel like a massive weight has been lifted, i do hope so, im feeling surprisngly calm considering, the nurse i had was really lovely and gave me a lot of good advice, and i cant change the outcome so im gonna stay positive and focused! will be a week tomorrow since my smear which has flown so im hoping next week does and i get the results im hoping for. So does this mean your back on yearly smears now?? :) xxx

Hi Louise,

No i dont have to have another smear until 2017. Im just back on the 3 yearly smears.

You should be the same unless they find HPV in your smear sample then you will be monitered yearly.

Ah thats fab news Simone :) now you can put it all behind you!! bet you feel amazing! ... Am i right in thinking that removing the abnormal cells also removes the HPV also? xxx

I think most of the time the Lletz removes the HPV Becuse the HPV is in the abnormal cells and once they have been removed it should mean that no HPV is left.

But sometimes HPV does stay in your system and if that is the case you would need to have smears every year to make sure it is not causing any cell changes. Your Immune system should fight it off eventually though.

But dont worry that doesn't happen very often Xx

ah ok, good to know thankyou :) fingers crossed i get good news also! really pleased for you xx

Thank you. Im sure you will xx

Hi Louise,

Any news? Have you had results back yet? xxx

Morning Simone ... Nope nothing yet, i expected them to be in the post yest but nothing, maybe tonight! feeling really anxious now! Thanks for asking :) hope your ok xxx

I would of thought they would of come yesterday. It will probably be today, it can only be a good thing that its been a while because normally if its abnormal

you get the results back quickly. And also the Monday after you had the smear was a bank holiday so that will delay things by a day.

Im sure the letter will be there waiting for you tonight. Xxx

I hope so, although im anxious i just want to know lol! yes i did think that this morning about the bank hol, fingers crossed there waiting when i get home tonight, i was trying to think how quickly i got the results last time from smear but couldnt remember!

I will let you know :) xxx

Louise Please tell me you've had your results.

If you haven't had them by now i would contact your surgery so they can chase them up for you. xx

How strange, i was just going to message you... nope nothing :( i have text home and the post hasnt been yet, if its not in todays i was going to call, xxx

I really thought you'd have them today. Yeah give them a call hun i think it might have got held up somehow xx

doctors didn't seem to concerned as was the 2 week mark yest and plus with the bank holiday...  they didn't have anything back either.....  hope this isn't a bad sign....  maybe I might get them today I do hope so...  iv been so good up to now not letting it bother me too much but now starting to panic xxx thanks for messaging means a lot especially because u no what it feels like....  everyone's like stop worrying but easier said than done when they haven't been through it xxx

t my results this morning...  NORMAL!!  I am buzzing...  they couldn't report on hpv so unfortunately I need to go back in 3 months for another smear to see if virus is present...  but I'm fine about that my result is normal I'm absolutely buzzing....  happy weekend :)  thanks so much for all your support xxx

Brilliant news!!!! im so happy for you, it's a great feeling isn't it. Did they say why they were not able to test for HPV? xx

yes amazing, i was shaking so much opening the results on saturday, it just says sometimes it happens, just typical isnt it, but it says just so they know how to monitor me in future wether it will be yearly or 3 years, but im not to bothered now i know its normal .... so so happy feels like a massive weight has just gone xxx