Worried about my mom?

Okay first of all, I’m a hypochondriac, so I guess I worry too much because of it. But my mom had robotic radical hysterectomy in march 2013 for her stage 1b cc. It’s going to be three years in a couple of months since her surgery. But I’m scared that she’ll have a recurrence. Her doctor did tell her that she has 10% chances of recurrences and after 5 years, she will be considered cured. She has a good doctor but just found out that he’s retiring. A new doctor will take place instead of him. My mom did have anxiety a year ago because of her cancer. I don’t want her to go through this again. She doesn’t smoke and has been faithfully married for 27 years.

Hello sweetheart :-)

We all worry about recurrence, especially during the first five years, but I'd like to reassure you that once she has passed the two years milestone the chances of recurrence drop off dramatically. She may well get a bit nervous in the run-up to her next follow-up appointment, we often do, but even with a new doctor she is not familiar with she is very likely indeed to pass this with flying colours and continue to do so until she has passed the five-year finish line. Try not to worry about her, it'll only make her worry about you :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thank you, Tivoli. I know it's late but I really appreciate your reply. I just heard about Joey Feek and it terrified me a little.