Will it ever end?

Getting very fed up now. 3 weeks after lletz and still bleeding. I had a period about 3 days after the procedure, then things started to tail off. The weekend just gone I was down to a bit of bloody mucus, got a bit hopeful. But no! Now the bleeding is erratic, sometimes heavy, sometimes more mucus and sticky, minimal clots. Other times hardly anything. I know everyone is different, that's probably too much info as well. And I know it can take up to 6 weeks, but I'm really starting to hate it now. I feel disgusting, my boyfriend will hardly go near me, not even for a kiss. Have cried tonight. Don't know what to do.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time :( can't really suggest much I'm only day one post lletz, I still have all this to come. Maybe your boyfriend is worried about how your feeling and what's happening, men can be useless with emotions and feel hopeless when they can't do anything to help. 

I just feel completely pants :( i've thought about trying to explain to him what it's like to bleed for this long. But he won't want to know, he hates it when I'm on under normal circumstances, let alone now.

This is what I want to say to him:

You've had surgery, but they can't dress the wound. It's bleeding and there's nothing you can do to absorb the flow of blood, no plasters, nothing. This bleeding will continue indefinitely, or so it would seem. There's not a normal sort of scab either, so that's not going to help. It's not like just a little drop of blood either, you need to monitor this and check it, because if it gets out of hand etc then you need to see the doctor. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the flow, as some days it's less, some days more. you're paranoid, it's like you're 14 again and you've got your first ever period and you don't know what to do with it. You have to deal with this 24/7 until further notice.

That's a really articulate way of putting it hun.  Have you thought of writing that to him? Hope it sorts out soon.  I'm going for colposcopy and maybe treatment on the 8th and I'm not looking forward to the aftermath especially as I've got a pretty active job and the idea of bleeding without warning is not something to look forward to.  You're right,  it's like being 14 again!  Sending you lots of love xxx xxx

Sorry to hear you are struggling Jodhi. Like you said it can take 4-6weeks for the bleeding to stop. I am 8days post lletz and my boyfriend seems all a little freaked out about what I am experiencing. Not sure men always know what to do about 'womens problems', my other half seems irritated that we can't have sex for at least 4 weeks.

I am still sore and now have an infection. I would just like my boyfriend to give me a hug and really listen. I am all emotional and fed up to. I think that there is lots of medical information out there on lletz but less acknowledgement about how it affects you emotionally. 

I hope your discharge stops soon, maybe try writing/texting him with how you feel if it is difficult to talk to him in person? Good luck. Xx

I'm so saddened to hear the men your lives aren't being as supportive as they should be. Makes me so thankful to have mine. Maybe he has a better understanding of what it could progress to if its not treated, an old work colleague and friend of his avoided smears for years until this year, and now in her 30's is faced with cancer and is having to have intensive treatment. Even when we were friends for about 5 Years before we got together he was always very supportive when I was going through a real rough patch. Shame he can't teach them a lesson or two in this department!! 

I am so sorry he is acting like that around you, and sadly so did mine. 4 weeks after the treatment I got so fed up with it all, and packed my stuff and left him. 
Now, looking back, I think I did the right decission. 
I hope your boys will come around and be there for you. You deserve it.

Best of luck.

Men are rubbish when it comes to this sort of thing. Don't get me wrong, my man is super relieved to know I'm ok, but he just tells me to get on with it, physically. his attitude is, you can't do anything about it so you just have to sodlier on through. which, of course, i am doing, but as you say, emotionally it is hard. And the sex thing is doing MY head in. I like sex, I won't lie, and having to go without is really difficult for me.

someone took a sharp object, chopped and then cauterised a wound IN MY PRIVATES! just think what they would be like if they had to have it done to them! we'd never hear the end of it. But as women we're meant to put up and shut up???? NO!!!!