Will I be allowed a smear test

I am 22 years old and I'm currently suffering with a bloody discharge. It first started about a month ago and it appeared after having intercourse. It continued for about 2 weeks until I got my period. After my period finished I didnt have any dischrage for about a week and now it has started up again. As I am only 22 will i

be able to have a smear test or will I be turned away? I am very concerned 

Hi Danielle,

The best thing would be go your GP with details of what you've been experiencing. Even if they're unable to take  a smear, they can refer you to a gynaecologist if appropriate, who can then request any tests that they feel are necessary. I think a lot of people get hung up on the smear test and forget that with problems like bleeding, if it isn't something straightforward (like a contraceptive issue) that they can ask to see a gynaecologist. There can be many reasons for bleeding though, most of the time it won't be serious, but always important to get any changes with health checked out.

All the best to you.

I've recently moved and I'm signing up to a new doctors surgery tomorrow. Hopefully I can be seen soon because the anxiety of all this is really getting to me