White spots on cervix

Hi everyone, during routine Pap smear exam my doctor found “white spots on the cervix, not normal.” His words. he sent smear to cytology lab and I’ve been freaking out ever since. I should have results in 8 days. But what the hell are white spots on cervix?!? Are they cancer? For reference I’m 44 and have had two caesarean births (kids are 7 and 4) and two miscarriages. Still menstruating. Had HPV warts in early 20s.

Hi Dee, I don’t think anyone on here will be able to tell you what it is unfortunately, but it sounds like your doctor is doing the right thing by getting it checked out. The waiting feels like forever, I know. Hope you get results quickly x

Thank you Joix! I appreciate you taking time to respond:)

Hi Dee,

Can it be HPV? I went for my colposcopy appointment because I’m HPV positive and I saw on the screen white spots all around my cervix. The colposcopist said that was the HPV (I hope it did not show something else)…maybe ask the doctor if a colposcopy and a biopsy are necessary?

Thank you. I think my doc suspects HPV also. However I’m still waiting for my pap results and he won’t forward me to a gynaecologist until he gets my results. It’s super frustrating. I phoned the lab and they said the test was done so I guess it’s a matter of paperwork at this point. I hope your own tests come back clear.