Where to get knee length compression underwear?

Hi ladies, 

Im only 6 weeks post op but suffering mild lymphoedma in my inner thighs and lady parts. The lymphoedema nurse recommended M&S underwear as the compression improves circulation and hopefully reduce swelling. I got these but unfortunately I am 5'9" so the cut my mid / upper thigh cause a buldge below. This is visible wherw wearing jeans trackies ect. Does anyone know where I can get longer length support pants? 

Thank you in advance,

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I wish I could help you there, and I don't suppose that either Ann Summers or Harmony are helpful ;-) I am also tall and have always had difficulty sourcing clothes that fit properly. These days I live in baggy harem pants which hide unsightly bulges.

Be lucky

Tivoli

Have you tried online - much more choice with size and styles

http://www.daylong.co.uk

Also if you want something a bit more funky....

http://www.butik21.co.uk/support-socks/women/knee-high/light-kompression/compression-socks-bamboo-colours.php 

Hey ladies,

Thanks Tivoli, you understand my pain! Thanks Nellie, I live in skinny jeans outside of work so need something to hold lady parts and legs in place lol! The anti cellulite shorts may do the same job. :)

Thanks again

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering. My lymphodema nurse measured me for compression underwear and i got 2 pairs free on the NHS along with compression stockings. She also told me that you get get 2 pairs per year free of charge. I don't know if this happens depending on what area you are in? But I'd ask the question. Did they teach you how to do simple lymphatic drainage massage? If not you really need to get them to show you as the fluid will only build up if you can't drain it.

i had a nightmare with my swelling. It's really upsetting. But I kept pushing for help. The NHS were good but I also thought there must me more I could do. I found a registered Manual lymphatic drainage therapist and she has really helped. In the end I got a 2 week intensive daily manual lymphatic massage from her and with a lot of pushing my private health insurance covered it. I now go to see her once per month and it's really under control. 

You have to do the simple massage daily, a few exercises before the massage and wear the compression knickers (I hate them, yuk) as often as possible). Pilates also helps, it's amazing! And I wish I'd found that out sooner as it really makes a difference. Swimming is excellent too. 

For or me, nearly 2 years post treatment the lymphodema has been the worst thing to deal with because its a daily reminder and something I guess I'll have forever). But also take from that I'm well over the treatment and life is good apart from the swelling. But you can get it under control. 

Good of luck and don't let them fob you off. You can ensure that it gets under control and doesn't get worse. 

Tess xx 

Hi  Tess 

Thank you for your reply. They only offered me the stockings but not the underwear. The nurse did say it would take a while for the lymph to find a new pathway and im on 6 weeks post op. Looking forward to getting back swimming in a couple of weeks.  The nurse showed me the drainage,  mentioned pelvic floor exercises to get the deep tissue moving and also deep breathing filling my tummy and pushing out the air. I will give it a while longer but I will push for more support if it doesnt resolve.

Thanks again

Michelle

I have lymphoedema of the groin and thigh, I have compression tights on the NHS but was advised to wear cycling shorts over these as they provide extra compression and support, and come in different Lengths so that I can wear then under jeans or with a dress. I find compression underwear comes up a bit too high on my waist and is uncomfortable if I'm sat for long periods or out for food etc. I also do daily massage and lots of swimming which helps reduce the swelling. 

hope you find something that works for you. I initially found planning outfits around having to wear my tights incredibly frustrating, but it's easier now that I'm more used to it, and a little less self conscious! x 

Hi Amz

Thank you for that. I have tried the compression underwear  but get too hot and sweaty. It is definitely about planning outfits you are right. I put on a few pounds over the last few months which doesn't help, first day at the gym today. Not sure I'm brave enough for a swimsuit yet! 

Michelle

[quout]Hi ladies, 

Im only 6 weeks post op but suffering mild lymphoedma in my inner thighs and lady parts. The lymphoedema nurse recommended M&S underwear as the compression improves circulation and hopefully reduce swelling. I got these but unfortunately, I am 5'9" so the cut my mid/upper thigh cause a buldge below. This is visible wherw wearing jeans trackies ect. Does anyone know where I can get longer length support pants?[/quout]

If you can try the company product & better quality try this after that I share my company site https://supacore.com/collections/womens-leggings you should try this either another issue you can ask here my company site visit & get the details all women leggings related more product you see here & another product check this for example core shorts, Pregnancy shorts, High waisted compression leggings you can check this my company site either another query you can ask here.