What to expect????

I have had always had normal smears and my last one was 2 years ago…after lots of abnormal bleeding and painful sex I went to the doctors. She took blood tests and put me on tablets to stop the bleeding so she could do an internal a week later.
It was discovered that I had a number of growths on my cervix and was referred for an ultrasound and urgent referral to the hospital.
I had my scans on Friday and they were checking for cysts on the ovaries and fibroids which all come back clear.

I have read lots of posts on here and really not sure what to expect when I go to the hospital today?

A little bit anxious this morning :frowning:

Kerry x

Hi Kerry,

Are you going for a colposcopy exam? If so it's a more detailed look at the cervix....so like a smear the colposcopist will use a speculum and be able to see your cervix in magnified detail. I found it more comfortable than a smear to be honest. Depending on your situation they may offer you treatment or take biopsies there.

Hope it goes well!

Jo x

Thanks Jo for replying. Smile

I never received a letter from the hospital so did'nt know what I was going for as all I was given was a time and place.

I did infact have a colpscopy and I knew I had a couple of cysts too so the consultant lanced it there and then and also did something else which was painful. He took some biopsies of the area too and I was told that I would here back within 10 days.

The consultant seemed pretty positive about everything but I have had friends who have had a similar experience and when their biopsies have come back its been CC so just want that reassurance with the results.

Kerry

xx

hi hun,

have you had any news on your results?

x