What is CIN 111

its the fear of the unknown, i knew nothing about cervical cancer until i came on here, and its thanks to everyone sharing their stories, it helps you,

i know wot u mean, u try not to think about whats going to happen and stay positive but u just want it over with so u can get on with life without any worry xx

I totally agree! I will pop back tomorrow to update how lletz goes xx good luck to all xx

I had to wait 8 weeks for my results but a letter came in the post... It was possibly only then when I had it in black and white in front of my face that it had been fully removed I could breath a sigh of relief! As for the nurse scaring you its probably as they are under strict rules of what they can and can't say like when I got my initial phone call to say I had abnormal smear result the first thing I said (probably a bit stupid) was is this going to kill me???? She replied with I can't say yes or no!! Fair to say I sh*t myself and left work there and then. I'm sure your polyp will be removed with the lletz my ectopion was. And surely if the polyp was something more sinister than it would be showing in the tissues around the polyp which you have already been tested for. 

GoI'd luck with your Lletz gem gems

Thank you x

Jemjems hope all went ok today! x

Thank you Kittykat! It went fine, loads better than I thought it would, I just put a post up about it xxx

Hey ladies x I've just litterally this minute opened my results from my colposcopy. theyre saying they have found high grade changes CIN111 and have said they had a multi disciplinary team meeting and it's been confirmed. theyre saying because it's a high grade change they want to remove it.

so are these pre cancerous cells ? And they want to remove them because they are high grade risk of becoming cervical cancer ? my grandma died before I was born of cervical cancer, and my aunite recently died of cancer. my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year but has thankfully recovered but my granddad has had cancer twice. i feel like I should go for the operation but found my colposcopy extremely painfull and as I struggle with quite severe anxiety and depression I'm extremely worried and to be honest terrified because the way they explain the process in the letter it sounds horribly painful! it is totally necessary to go for the op? And it mentions it may incur problems for you when pregnant in the future which is quite scary. i really don't know what to do and feel like I'm in limbo. I would really appriciate any advice...And sorry if I've written in the wrong place I'm new to the site and this is what I found when googling CIN 111 xxx

Hey Hun,

you've posted on a really old thread so I wanted to make sure you got an answer :)

CIN 3 is high grade pre cancerous cells that could or could not develop into cancer over time - doctors cannot tell you whether yours will or won't. Sometimes it is also called a carcinoma in situ or cancer grade 0. Basically it is not cancer but there is a chance it could become so.

It is perfectly normal to feel anxious and I for one found it tricky when I found that I had the same. Its just a whole world that you never knew existed that you are suddenly thrown into, isn't it?

I had mine removed just over a week ago under a general anaesthetic. It really was completely painless so perhaps you  could ask your doctors whether you could go down the route of a general rather than a local. Your health is so, so important so I'd really encourage you to go and get this sorted. It's a small op and I know there are unpleasant side effects and it is stressful and icky (for want of a better word) but it is totally worth it to avoid the big C.

Jen xx