What happens after two laser treatments for CGIN?

Hi, 

I have been scouring the internet with little success and I have decided to post here to see if anyone can help me or soothe my nerves and the permanent sick feeling.

I am 25 and had my first smear test in early November, within a week I had results stating I had severe dyskariosis and to go to the hospital for a colposcopy laser treatment. 8 weeks later I was asked to go back as the cells were actually CGIN and spreading towards my womb. This was last Friday and today I received a letter stating that I will need a section of the neck of my womb removed and they will send me an appointment.

What is the next stage, what will happen to me? Will I be able to have another baby after this treatment, will it be succesful? I am just sick with worry and hate this hanging over me.

Please, if you have experienced something like I have, or know anyone who has please let me know what the next stage of treatment is as I know no-one who has been through this.

Thanks xx

Hi, sorry your going through this, there a lot of lovely ladies on this site who understand what you are going through. It helps to know you are not alone. I have high grade CGIN, also found in the November. I had lletz in October, but because it came back as high grade CGIN was called back to clinic 2 weeks later. As I already have 3 children, was strongly advised the next step would be a hysterectomy. This doesn't mean this will be your next stage, as you are young & want another baby. It sounds like they will do the cone procedure, when they do laser treatment higher up & they remove a cone shape under a GA . You can still have a baby after the treatment, you might need a stitch put in when you get pregnant, as your cervix will be shorter. If you are worried about anything, give the clinic a ring, the nurses are very helpful & understanding. They will be able to explain things to you. The waiting, and not knowing is such a worry. Try to stay off the internet googling, does not help. It just makes you more anxious. Fairly new to all this, as its all happened really fast, hope it's helped a bit. I do understand how you feel. Feel free to personal message me. Take care sending you hugs Ray. xx