What calcium supplements do you take?

Hi everyone
I’ve been to my first post treatment appointment and asked about HRT. I was advised against it but if symptoms become extreme over the next few months they said to make an appointment with my GP and go from there. I’m really not having to bad of a time at all othe then the night sweats. I don’t feel any different emotionally except my sense of humour has been a bit over the top. (I just want to laugh)However, both the nurse and the dr both mentioned about starting calcium supplements for bone health.
So, my question is. What kind is best for the best price? (Don’t want to spend a fortune)How do you find taking them? How often do you take them? Any input would be greatful. Thanks.

Hi Lolli,

Glad to hear you are doing so well. I have mild bone changes to my lower spine and hips, and was prescribed something called calichew. However, after discussion with my GP we decided because I also have renal stones that I would wait to see how it goes, and have another bone density scan in a couple of years. I'm not sure where you live Lolli, but you should be able to get them on prescription if you live in the UK. If you look online, it will tell you the dosage etc. hope that helps and all the very best . Xx

Thank you so much for your reply,  I think I'll make an appointment with my GP and see what he thinks and if I can get a script even better cause then I won't have to pay. I would also like a bone scan so that I have a future reference to go by but not sure if that will be able to happen. Thanks again