well had my smear test now so anxious!!!!

So ive had my smear test the nurse could see how anxious i was and was physically shaking so much i couldnt walk into the room properly!!! She was very very lovely . The only thing that bothered me was that the brush had blood on it and the pot of water was a light pink colour is it normal for there to be blood on the brush?? I asked her if it looked normal and she said that looking with her eyes it looked fine (cervix that is) she she the only thing she noticed was that the os (cervix hole) was wide but she said after 3 vaginal births it wasnt surprising as it gets stretched and never goes back to pre birth size. So i now have 2-3 weeks wait . I dont know how im going to cope . If she saw anything scary would she have called someone else in or sent me to hospital. I have a few cramps here and there but no blood so far on wiping (touch wood) . Is normal to have some cramps after? Xx

Hi Stacey

It is completely normal to have cramping afterwards. Bleeding is also normal. Yes, if she had visibly seen anything, she would have referred you straight to colposcopy, not waited for the smear results.

Hope everything comes back normal for you. Let us know how you get on.

Erika

Hi Stacey

Well done for getting through it. It is surprising how many people (myself included) put off getting smears. It is really not that bad though is it?

Try and keep busy whilst you wait for your results. Im sure with 3 little ones it won't be that hard ;-)

Big pat on the back to you for getting it done

x

Hi Stacey

Well done for getting through it. It is surprising how many people (myself included) put off getting smears. It is really not that bad though is it?

Try and keep busy whilst you wait for your results. Im sure with 3 little ones it won't be that hard ;-)

Big pat on the back to you for getting it done

x

Hi Stacey, So glad you got through it... Well done... Hope you feeling ok, try not to worry to much now, until u know more on you results. I have been thinking off you today. Take care Luv sky. Xxxx

Thank u all . I didnt find the smear painfull , it was just when she put the speclum in i was so so tense it took a min for her to put it in.  Im glad its done now but am so nervous for the results i just want to know now . The wait is already driving me mad :-(.