Waiting1

I have been diagnosed with stage 2 but need to get a PET scan as a lymph node is inflamed so I’m aware that could potentially change to stage 3. I’m also awaiting an appointment with the oncologist does anyone know rough timescales for pet scan, meeting oncologist after MDT meeting and starting treatment. Just feel the waiting is the worst I hate not being in control. Thanks

Hi Steff,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis the waiting is definitely the worst part.

I was diagnosed with stage 2b in June 2021.

I had my pet scan on the 29th June and had meeting to discuss results the next day.

I met with oncologist 2 weeks later had planning scan 10 days after that and my treatment started 3 August.

Treatment 25 radiotherapy 5 chemo and 3 brachytherapy, I found the treasure very doable.

I am 7 weeks post treatment and feeling well, if you have any questions give me a shout.

Take care xx

1 Like

Hi Amf,

Did you have a reason they wanted to pet scan you?

I’m glad you’ve been through the treatment and feeling well now. I’m hoping I will be in the same position soon.

Thanks

Hi Steffi

When I had the MRI they couldn’t see if the margin needed for a hysterectomy was there so I had a pet scan as this gave a clearer line in respect of the margin. They then decided the margin wasn’t there so no hysterectomy.

I am in Scotland and I think a pet scan is standard. The mri can show up enlarged lymph nodes and the pet scan can tell if they have cancer cells within them not all enlarged lymph nodes contain cancer.

I had no enlarged nodes in my MRI and the pet scan confirmed this.

The waiting is hard, isn’t it - because there’s the fear (albeit irrational) that it’s going to get worse every day until treatment starts. Unless there are complications which need investigating, things seem to happen pretty quickly. I was diagnosed with cancer at the end of November after a colposcopy - I had a number of scans to look for spread and lymph node involvement and was diagnosed on 22nd December 2020 with Stage 3C2. I started treatment on the 12th January - so it was actually less than a month, although I agree it felt like an age!! They don’t hang around with cancer, which is a very good thing. X

Hi I’m also Scotland too. Will be attending the Beatson. I have 1 which is inflammed so hopefully the pet scan gives more information on this then I can start my treatment.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Jacks,

I was diagnosed last month then waited on MRI and MDT meeting now been told I have stage 2 but there concerned and that’s why I need the pet scan I’m hoping my appointments come through soon. Was worried about treatment being on Xmas day but have seen that Xmas is a sat this year so that’s good I suppose. Only worried about Xmas etc as I have 2 kids and one has additional needs. I’m gonna use this time to get everything organised so when I start treatment I can focus on that and getting better fully. Xx

Hi Steffi,

I’m in Edinburgh hopefully you won’t have to wait too long. Once all the info is in your treatment date shouldn’t be too far away.

Let us know how you get on.

1 Like