Waiting - trying to keep it together

So happy  4 u hun 

Excellent news Amanda, onwards and upwards. The waiting is a nightmare but I think you've gone through the worst wait, waiting to find the extent of what you're facing. Hopefully things will move quicker now xxx

Thanks all

i can't wait to see the oncologist on the 7th with hopefully a plan to best this. Until then I'll take this good news with everything I have. 

Xx

Happy for you Amanda that's great news x

I was just reading this thread and saw your good news! That's brilliant. Good luck with the treatment. Xxx

Thank u, it ms the first bit of good news we have heard since I was diagnosed. Started to feel like I was never going to hear good news again.

X

Hi Amanda great news it hasn't spread, the worry and waiting we go through is seriously not good! 

im also in on the 7th to discuss my next steps 

good luck xx

Ah really!

hopefully we both get some good plans then! I have been told about a 6 week chemo trial before the standard treatment but I'm not sure if im eligible for it yet. I'm in leics, where abouts are you? When did you get your diagnosis?

x

So glad to hear this Amanda, its great to start getting good news!

Hi Amanda, im in fife Scotland. Got my diagnosis on the 5th May, total shock! Mine is 1a2 adenocarcinoma (sp)

how are you feeling abput tomorrow? I'm quite nervous and a bit scared. I've been ok recently and try to keep busy but I'm sitting just now really scared.

i really don't want a hysterectomy so going to be asking about trachelectomy 

good luck xxx

hey lovely,

at the time 10 days seemed like a lifetime away, but I stopped googling and tried to keep myself busy getting on with my every day life and then it went much quicker. If I found myself thinking I did something to take my mind off it. My husband did a countdown on the fridge too so I ticked it off every morning. im nervous and excited about today. There's always a possibility of a curveball being thrown in so just want to get there and see what he says. 

Please let me know how you get on. My appt isn't until 2:15 xx

hugs xxx

Thinking of you

Oncologist appt went well. Tumour not pressing on the kidney which is good news although I do need a blood transfusion. Have signed consent forms for the interlace trial and will find out Monday if I can do this (it's randomly picked) if I can chemo will start on Tuesday!

x

Treatment (1st chemo) starts today!

nervous yet excited!!

First chemo went really well. On a clinical trial so was on the drip for about 3.5 hrs.

my symptoms have literally reduced by 80%, not sure if that's the treatment or tablets but im not complaining.

mt treatment started 5 days after seeing my oncologis. For anyone waiting for appts try and stay busy, I ticked off a count down. People told me the waiting was the worst time and they were right. i stopped googling and tried to carry on with everyday life and found that really helped.

weve got this xxx

Fantastic update Amanda. I'm actually waiting to go in for my 4th radiotherapy session, the first week nearly over but my symptoms have increased by about 50% ....not sure what's going on there!

To be honest I think it's the steroids. not the treatment!

hows the radiotherapy been?

z

Absolutely fine tbh, 15 mins maximum including getting in position etc, much easier than having scans....the only thing I'm finding difficult is the driving, the hospital is over an hour from home but I've got my appointments either first or last thing in the day so I can go before or after work so it's making it a very long day!

ah glad it's been ok. Is the skin sore?

ah bless you, I was told I couldn't drive? Which will be a nightmare!

yoyr still at work! That's good going! You are better than me! X