Waiting to hear from hospital

Hi all. This is a bit of a long one.
I am 31 with 2 beautiful babies. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer Feb 2021. Stage 1b1. Was told I would need a radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy. So I had a long 7 hr surgery in March 2021. I had a phone call from my consultant to say that I would need a 4 month check up and 6 month smear which will be done at the hospital. So it’s been 28 weeks and still nothing. I’ve rang the hospital on a few occasions to be told there is a waiting list. Has anyone else had such a long wait or am I just being impatient. I just wanna know what the next step is. Many thanks Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Sorry to hear you’re waiting. Waiting really is torture when you’re wrangling with the C word.
Although I don’t have any specific advise, I have had to go through my GP to get things moving. My GP has been great and has got the secretary to chase a lot of things up for me and prompt responses from my oncology team.
Maybe it’s worth speaking with the GP and telling them your anxieties, see if they can help? Good luck.

Thank you for the reply Sa_Rah. I think that would be my best option going through the GP and hopefully they would get answers. It’s hard enough coming to terms with the C word without all this waiting. Thank you again :grinning:

It’s awful isn’t it. I hope you get some answers/appointment soon :heart:

Would be nice before Xmas. So I can enjoy it.

1 Like