Waiting Results ... Worried & Scared

Hi, I am new to this site, and came across it whilst I was reading about Cervical Cancer for the hundredth time !! I started bleeding in between my periods last July, even though I was on the pill.  This varied from spotting, to a complete gush where I couldn't get off the toilet.  After being referred for an internal scan & then on to a consultant, they decided to carry out an op mainly for exploratory reasons.  To do a D&C, remove polyps if any found, take a biopsy if required & to insert a Merina coil.  This went ahead last Mon 25 Feb.  When I came round from the op the consultant came to see me to say that they hadn't inserted the coil as my cervix 'didn't look too good', and questioned whether I was up to date with my smears & if they have ever been abnormal... I am due one this year, and never been abnormal.  He also told me that they had taken multiple biopsies of my cervix, & I will have to wait 2 weeks for the results.  I received a call from the hospital yesterday asking me to go in on Mon to discuss the results.  I am beside myself with worry, and feel that Monday is a life time away.  I am hoping that I can get a little support from here.... And even if I am diagnosed with cancer, it won't be a death sentence ..... Anyone any idea what they may say on Mon ... Will I need more tests ...? Anyone had a similar experience ?  Thanks Sam x x 

i hope everything goes ok monday. try not to worry and try to remain positive. when i had my biopsy i got the same phone call. unfortunately mine was cancer but now in remission nearly 2 years. my advice would be to take someone with you for support. i will be thinking of you monday. hope it's good news xxx

Hi Samantha,

i had a similar experience....first of all I'd say breathe and try not to get ahead of yourself. Impossible at times I know, the unknown is the scariest part no matter what stage of the process you are in.

i really hope you get some good news and remember even if it is CIN3 that doesn't mean cancer. If you do have a higher grade diagnosis they will treat you so very quickly and look after you so well. The waiting is the very worst part and I'm so sorry you're in this position.

After I was diagnosed with CC I had an MRI scan which was clear, then LLETZ under GA. 

if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Keep busy and try and stay positive, we'll be thinking of you on Monday. 

xxx

Hi Sam, 

It's said a lot on here, and it's absolutely right - the waiting is awful!! This is a horrible time for you and I'm sorry you're in this position. I completely understand the worry and I completely understand your mind working overtime, thinking of every possibility and every variation of every possibility!!

Here's my advice: do NOT Google! There is so much on the internet about all of this and the vast majority of it is utter nonsense. Even the stuff that isn't nonsense is usually so out of the context of its original basis, that it is actually meaningless but can look terrifying to someone in your position. The information on this site is really good and really up to date - you won't find anything else that you need to know on any other site. I completely understand this urge though - I think it's because we're looking for some sort of 'answer' that will make everything clear, eliminate all the unknowns and guarantee that everything is going to be ok. Trust me, you definitely won't get that by googling!! 

You're right - you can definitely get support here, and we would all want you to come back whenever you want to, to chat about how you're feeling, to ask any questions you've got and to let us know how you're getting on. 

I can't tell you what they're going to say to you on Monday - the fact is, at the moment, what we do know, is that we don't know (if you see what I mean!!) so as hard as it is not to worry, try not to construct 'what if' scenarios and just focus on getting through the weekend in as calm and gentle way as possible. 

Will be thinking of you on Monday. Keep us updated. 

Annabel. x

Oh Samantha, I really do feel for you...no-one wants to be in your position but we all know how awful the waiting is.

I was also called in earlier than expected and could hardly open the letter for shaking as knew it was from the hospital.  My news wasnt good but I'm coming out the other side and waiting for my results ...more torture while waiting!  As someone said, take someone with you for support but be assured that you will be well looked after if the news isn't good, but I'm really hoping its good obviously.  Please let us know how things go on Monday as we are all her to support you whatever the outcome

xx

Hi Sam,

I just wanted to say I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope that you can take someone with you.

I am sending you big hugs and positive thoughts.

Stargazing

Thank you all for reading my post, and most of all, your lovely comments back.  I have to say, before coming on here last Thursday I felt like I was the only person going through all this, and it's fantastic that everyone is so positive and lovely and completely understands what I'm going through.  My fabulous Husband is coming with me tomorrow - and it just can't come soon enough.  I will of course give you an update tomorrow.  Thanks again everyone ...

Sam x x x

will be thinking of you tomorrow sam. hugs and kisses. xxxx

Hi everyone, I well it is official ..... I have been diagnosed with cervical cancer.  They are very positive as the tumour is less than an inch, and doesn't look like it has spread.... However I have to go for a MRI scan & depending on the results, a radical hysterectomy ..... I must admit, I feel a lot better now that I know what is wrong with me & just want to deal with it & get on with everything ......... Thanks for all your comments & I hope I can carry on getting lots of support from all you wonderful people ...... 

Sam x x x x 

Hi Sam,

I am sorry to hear your news but glad to read they think it's only small. When do you go for the MRI?

I know what you mean about going through the motions and dealing with the treatments they offer, but the emotional side is tough , very tough at times and I wanted you to know that when you need support we will be here for you.

Big hugs,

Stargazing x

Hi Sam,

Im sorry you had this news too, I know exactly how you feel, as will many ladies here. It really is a roller coaster. We're all here for you so please ask any questions or just have a rant.

Much love xxx

Thanks everyone ! It's lovely to know that there are lovely ladies out there who know exactly how you're feeling.....I'm sure I'll need to rant soon !

Thanks again & big hugs to you all

xxxx