Waiting for results and scared

Hello

new to site , been reading through everyone’s posts and see I’m not alone in feeling confused and unsure. I had my smear in June after been very naughty and avoiding my smear (lifes busy etc ) so i finally went all was routine like past smears. Until I received my letter two weeks ago saying severe high grade, little shaken by and thought it’s my own fault leaving it too late etc. Got my appointmeant for biospy and went last Monday to hospital . When I got there two very lovely ladies greet me. Doctor then drops the bomb shell it’s CIN3 with gcin as this wasn’t stated on my letter. im very confused, she explains I’ll need treatment today and going to Lletz procedure.this is even before she’s looked. She took a rather large piece and deep too she said i would receive results in 4-6 weeks and if there’s a problem she would call me? I was hoping for its not that bad and now it’s worse than I could imaginE. So now its the waiting the game and hope no more surprises

feeling rather stupid for not going when I should and this may have been prevented

Hi Emzy:

So glad you found us! This is the place for support and to have your questions answered. Somehow, it does help to have somewhere to vent and ask all that stuff no one else talks about.

Do not feel bad about not going sooner. You did go and now you can be taken care of, so well done you. With any luck, your doc will have got all the nasty stuff and you will be on your way.

Waiting does suck so jump back on to chat. There are tons of women on here waiting for results etc. We need a Waiting Room board where we can all swap ideas of how to cope/deal with the wait.

Take care 

love t x

Thank you

I do feel I'm been punished for not going when I should but now I won't miss again if this experience has taught me one thing not to be complacent with your health 

Thank you

I do feel I'm been punished for not going when I should but now I won't miss again if this experience has taught me one thing not to be complacent with your health 

I also missed a smear - my first one, because i didn't keep my GP up to date with my address. I knew i should have got in contact when i didn't get an appointment letter but i happily ignored it. Now i feel i like i could have prevented my cancer if i had taken action sooner. No way to tell how long it's been there :( 

We will never know if it made a difference or not so try not to beat yourself up about it :) I've felt a whole variety of emotions throughout this process and since reading these forums i know now that i am not alone.

I too will never miss another smear and will urge all my female friends to do the same - we live and learn! xx

sorry to hear about your cancer and I hope u ok and receiving treatment? I'm going to try put this dreaded wait to the back of my mind but getting lots of pain in my hips and tummy since Lletz