Waiting for my surgery date

Hi all,am waiting for my sugery, the oncology nurse it will be early November likely. Just a few questions please, they informed me that there were abnormal cells founs in my cervix after removing a polyp in my cervix. This was September 10, then I was admitted on the 17th of September for the procedure where they have a good ole root around inside, with a camera, & thwy also took a good few biopsies from all around.They confirmed I had a tumour, & had MRI & CT scans done while in the hospital. MRI & CT scans confirmed that the tumour seems to be only in the cerix area, I use the word seems as the CT scan showed some bulky stuff outside the cervix. I just wondered if any of you thought the time betwen diagnosis & surgery being in hopefully early November, is a normal amount of time, as in waiting time? Also has anyone experienced lower back ache in this stage, & sometimes like pressure right at the bottom of my back, kinda into my bottom(sorry).?? Thank yoiu for an replies xxx

Sorry for all the typos, silly keyboard thats not mine!!

Hi there,

I'm sorry you had to find us and for your diagnosis. There is a huge amount of advice and support on the forum, so you've found the right place :)

I was diagnosed on 7th Feb and had a rad hyst on 19th March, so had about a 6 week wait all in all, which was filled with scans, appointments, lots of worrying and a lletz/explaration under GA.

So your time frame looks pretty similar and it's within the guidelines of 49 days. Usually from a cancer diagnosis they have to start treatment within a certain number of days, which I seem to remember being 49.

I remember linking every single ache and pain during that time to being cancer related. Turns out most of them weren't but it's a frightening time as I'm sure everyone here will relate to. 

Take care xx