Waiting for Colposcopy Biopsy results & Vaccine question

At my first smear test, I was diagnosed with HPV. At my second, I still had HPV and had abnormal changes.

I have just had my colposcopy and they had to take a biopsy.

I am struggling emotionally with the situation as it feels like things are just getting worse but I feel bad for being anxious as I’m aware people have things much worse! The waiting is the worst part as all I can do is worry :disappointed_relieved:

I am also upset beause I had the HPV vaccine (protected against 9 strains) and so hadn’t worried much about HPV before. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Hi,
I’m in the exact same position, I had a colposcopy and biopsy yesterday after testing positive for HPV with moderate abnormal cells. Also really worrying about the results as I have two young children, and also feel really bad because I know people are having to deal with a lot more than this.
When is your appointment to get your results? X

Glad to know I’m not alone! Sorry you’re going through this too. x

I’ve been told a 4-6 week wait. It’s painful waiting :frowning: What about you? x

I’m very fortunate that I have private healthcare through work so I have an appointment next week and the consultant said the results should be back by then.

I’m really sorry you’re also going through this too. It’s just so worrying, I feel exhausted and drained, but when I go to bed I can’t sleep. I’m just trying to keep myself busy and distracted.

My husband keeps telling me that there’s no point worrying about it now, as no amount of worrying will change the result, but that’s much easier said than done.

Wishing you all the best. X

1 Like