Visual abnormalities

Hi Everyone,
I’m 26 and had a prolonged bleed earlier this month (i.e. super period). I saw a locum doctor at my GP’s who wasn’t very helpful. Anyhoo, I went back 2 days ago to see about getting a coil fitted.
My normal GP had a look up into ladyland and immediately asked me if I was due a smear test. She spent ages having a good look and poking my cervix with various things.
Apparently I’ve got a vaginal prolapse but also visual abnormalities on my cervix. I’ve got to go for an ultrasound next week to see if i’ve got fibroids/cysts on my ovaries (reason for the excessive bleeding)
but I’m more concerned that she could immediately tell something was wrong with my cervix, before I even get the results back from the smear.
I’ve got 2 agonizing weeks wait now :frowning: is there anything else it could be?

Thank you ladies

Hi babybooagloo86, I’m sorry I can’t comment on your situation but I didn’t just want to read and run. I’m no doctor so I can’t say what else the visual abnormalities might be, but from looking around this forum I know people sometimes get cysts on their cervix, which could be what your doctor has seen. I know it’s easy to say and much harder to do, but try not to panic, and you could book another appointment with your GP to talk about things with her? x x x x

My cervix looked abnormal to my GP when she did my smear test. I did turn out to have CIN3, but that was totally unrelated to the “ulcers” she said she could see, which turned out to be nebothian cysts, which are completely benign. There’s other benign things that occur quite commonly that cause your cervix to look unusual, such as ectropian. The GP scared me with what she said, and I think that was only because she didn’t really know what she was looking at. The GYN who did my colposcopy took one look and knew exactly what was going on.

I have just have a hysterectomy for unresolved CIN3 and a fibroid. Once everything was out it was discovered I actually had 5 fibriod, rather than just the one the ultrasound showed, one of which had cystic changes. I also had a polyp in my uterus and both of my ovaries had multiple cysts. And guess what? It was all totally benign. There was no sign of cancer anywhere. Even the CIN3 was gone. So just because there are things not quite right, it doesn’t necessarily mean cancer.

I know it’s very scary to not know what’s going on. The waiting between tests and results and everything seems inteminable and is a kind of torture. But hang in there. You will get through this. Even though it’s not easy, you need to try not to panic until you know there’s something worth panicking about. big hugz

Hi
Just to let you know I was in the same boat - the nurse who took my smear thought my cervix looked irritated and red which quite frankly scared the crap out of me!
My biopsies came back CIN3 and fingers crossed that is all it is
xx

This has just happened today with me - visual abnormalities, and being referred straight away. Bled on examination. Really really worried now...

Hope everything is going well with your investigations.

Lou x

In the same boat to9 the gp has worried me as she said my cervix is abnormal after having my son in January everything was clear through pregnancy and boom I now apparently have a brown circle on my cervix that looks crusty what ever that means. I've googled everything with what she said. But she also mentioned I could have cervical cancer or something else anyways I'm terrified as I'm a mum of two with a 9 month old. I am run down tired with bleeds in between period once and she just so happened to look to see if it everything was ok expecting it would be. Hope everything goes ok with you all xxx in awaiting an appointment with the gnaecologist not entirely sure what that will entail!