Vagina bleeding during sex

I had an abnormal smear in 2015 which was CIN3 and I had the LLETZ treatment. I’m also a kidney patient and had to have a clear test before I could even be considered for a kidney transplant so in January 2016 I had another smear and it came back all clear and that I will be having a test in 3 years.
I was then able to have my transplant in April 2016!

Me and my new partner have been together 8 months and I bleed a lot during sex but it’s more frequent recently.
I have doctors tomorrow to see what’s going on but I’m terrified!

Is it possible to have a cervix that is sensitive and bleeds after the treatment? I just don’t want to start thinking the worse but at the moment that’s all I can think about!

Hi LittleCupcake, 

I know one of the lovely ladies from the forum will be along soon to provide you with some support but in the meantime I just wanted to let you know that if you would like to speak to someone directly you can always call our helpline. The helpline can be really helpful by allowing you to talk things through with someone who understands. The helpline is run by trained volunteers who have either personal or professional experience of cervical cancer or cervical abnormalities. It is open every week day and the number is 0808 802 8000.

We also have an Ask the Expert service where you can submit a medical question and it will be answered by one of our medical experts - https://www.jostrust.org.uk/support/ask-expert

Very best wishes

Fran 

Hi,

I have had a different kind of treatment, my vagina occasionally bleeds, however this is the result of it being stretched too much and it isnt significant. When I had an actual tumour it bled heavily and i literally lost pints of blood, so I would say that if the bleeding is directly after what you describe as rough sex I would think it is just a fragile vagina, rather than a tumour which will bleed whatever you do.

I am a lesbian, this is the first time I have read a post from another lesbian in two years, hope you are okay and personally have friends and family who look after you.

Juley

1 Like

I just wanted to say hello. I know this post is an old one and I’m sending love, and hoping everything was sorted.

I am just quite desperate to connect with other lesbians who have or have had HPV, so am glad to meet anyone on here xx