Upper abdomen pain

Hey, I was diagnosed with stage 3c last year, did chemo radiation and brachy and then I had 3 chemo mix - taxol and cisplatin and 2 - taxol and carboplatin. I had a pet scan last week(4 months after the last brachy) but I didn’t have the courage to pick up the results partly because for the last 3 weeks I have been having a weird pain in my upper left abdomen, my oncologist thinks it’s my spleen. It’s not intense, I don’t take pain killers for it but it’s incredibly frightening for me, I’m wondering if there’s someone who had a similar pain. I have to mention I didn’t have my abdomen radiated, only my lumbar - aortic area?? Don’t know what that means.

Did Mry1,

You’ve had quite a journey haven’t you! You’ve said you’re 4 months post brachy - have you had a look at your scan results yet? In the UK we don’t get a sight of such a thing and have to wait weeks until a consultant appointment. I’ve looked back at your posts and I think you were 3C1 - so implication of pelvic lymph nodes and the ureter, I believe. The upper abdomen is only radiated with para-aortic involvement, which is around your stomach.

If you are able to see your results, please do. We can’t know what the pain/discomfort is that you’re having, but if it’s not in an area where the the cancer was or was treated then it’s likely to be something else, and perhaps you need a chat with your GP - see if there are any other little symptoms that could be clues. We’re all hoping your scan was clear and you can at least put that worry out of your mind. X

1 Like

I will go tomorrow to pick up the results, unforfunately they didn’t send them by e mail or something. I truly hope this is a side effect from the chemo and that the scan will be ok. I also had an MRI after 2 months which was quite confusing, they didn’t tell me if the tumor is gone and the lymph nodes were still enlarged, but not so much as before the brachy, they were “in regression”.

I have to confess I spent the last days thinking I don’t have much time left, especially since with me almost all treatment options have been used. Thank you so much for your kind message!

Good news, praise the Lord! My pet scan says that I’m NED, I’m very thankful of this forum, it is a very special place!

10 Likes

Huge congratulations!! X

Thank you so much, wishing you all health and happiness!

So pleased your scan results are clear. NED! It’s what everyone wants. If you continue to have the pains - they may magically go away now - :wink: please do talk to your GP about what it could be. Xx

1 Like

Stomach pain is pain in the abdomen and it’s one of the most common reasons people visit the doctor’s office. Upper stomach pain may be caused by GERD, heartburn, gastritis, pancreatitis and ulcers

type or paste code here