Update

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you all, 

Re-cap, back in July I had to go for a Colposcopy as I had showing up as abnormalities on my smear. On my Colposcopy I also had a bioposy. It took 12 weeks to get a result from this and it showed that I had been misdiagnosed and there was never any reason to have the bioposy or the Colposcopy in the first place, although there was HPV present in my smear. 

So, thats where I am at, I have to go back for a smear in a years time. 

I hope all you lovely ladies are okay, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting me through my tough time xx

That is good news! :) There are lots of reasons for false positives on pap smears. It's great you were followed up with a colposcopy and biopsy and even better that they came back clear. You now have the peace of mind knowing that you did not have any abnormality, although a false positive would be just as scary until you find out that is was actually false. Here's hoping that all your future smears are clear!

Brilliant news!! Obviously a bit naff that you had to go through coloscopy and biopsies etc but at least you know for sure nothing is wrong :) enjoy the next year and don't think about pesky HPV! x x x x