*UPDATE still confused** Confused about lletz results

UPDATE...

I had my 6 month follow up colposcopy today, the lady doing it said my cervix seems fine and has healed nicely, she did a ToC but the MDT meeting back in April suggested I have swabs taken of my vaginal wall also which she did do, she said it all looks okay to her so try not to worry but I'm now terrified i have Vaginal cancer - why would they not bring me back sooner for these swabs if they thought it was a possibility?
Am I overreacting? I came out feeling really positive but then checked on here as thought it was odd to have vaginal swabs taken and the mention of VAIN has panicked me. Would appreciate any advice.

Hello,

I had an abnormal smear in march, results came back as high grade (moderate) dyskaryosis and I had a colposcopy booked for the week after. 

I had a colposcopy on 5th April (same week as my 25th birthday) she could see the area of abnorma cells and removed them there and then via LLETZ and sent it off for testing. I got told to expect results in 4 weeks. 

I received  letter today (29th April) but dated 19th April (14 days post LLETZ but we had a bank holiday too) 

saying no significant abnormalities were detected and I would need a follow up smear in 6 months however, as Abnormal cells were detected on my cervix they will discuss my results at a group meeting at the end of the month and will discuss a treatment plan with me when they have the results. 

What does this mean? I'm worried the results came back so soon but the last paragraph contradicts the first one. I'm really confused by the results and cant speak to anyone now until Tuesday. 

Can anyone shed some light? Thankyou. 

I think they'd discuss 'cases' at their consulting meetings regularl, I had lletz and biopsy which came back that I actually had CGIN so they discussed mine at their meeting too.

i had to go for another lletz and biopsy which I've just received results from and its not clear. The abnormalities have spread to my uterus so I now need to have a hysterectom, waiting for a date. I'm 30. 

Oh how worrying for you. I hope it all goes well. 

Im just confused how there was an obvious area of abnormalities at my colposcopy that they felt they needed to treat there and then but according to my results letter there were no abnormalities at all?? 

Also if there were no abnormalities why are they going through my results at the board meeting? I can only assume it's because they're unsure how the results have come back clear and maybe I'll need more tests? 

I think I'll book a GP appointment Tuesday to discuss the letter as I am so confused. 

Hi

They discuss discrepancies in results at the meetings. Like yours where they removed some "abnormal cells" which seemed clear. And things like if the smear suspects cin2 and biopsy comes back cin1. Its just to check they are treating you and others in the future best they can.  I have CGIN which they are discussing at the meeting also. Waiting for results of LLETZ, 5 weeks so far.

Nat x

Ah okay I guess that makes sense. 

Well the meeting was end of April so hopefully I will know more soon. very confused how the results can show no abnormalities at all. 

I hope your results come back okay. 

My doctor told me happens more than you think. My first biopsy came back different to my smear and they had to do a second bigger one, but my results are being discussed as well. Not heard anything yet, so we shall see!

I'm the same ... confused . Results of lletz showed CIN. .Did not say what level but said in brackets "not cancer" . It then went on to say would however like to see me again in 2 mths ! Why ? I understood review was around the 6 mths mark ! 

I'm also completely confused.  Had LLETZ for moderate high grade dyskaryosis on 24th April and received a letter today that said my results microscope specimen came back normal.  No mention of CIN, which grade it was, or if they removed abnormal cells with clear margins or any of the information other women seem to have received.  

It then says my case is being forwarded to be discussed at MDT meeting and they will be in touch with a management plan, but no date for this? 

Are they saying that I never even had abnormal cells? And this whole month of worry and stress was completely unnecessary?  Considering the consultant said there was abnormal symptoms when he did the LLETZ, I find this letter very vague and don't know if I'm being given the all clear or not. Surely it would say I am discharged to 6 month smears if this was the case? 

So confused!!

Sorry to hear you ladies are going through similar. 

I received the results of the MDT meeting yesterday and they've advised a repeat colposcopy in 6 months and enclosed an appointment for October. 

Im abit confused and quite angry actually, I spoke to a lady at the hospital yesterday who was also quite confused. She said not to worry as they'd see me sooner if they were concerned and they're probably just re doing the colposcopy to be sure nothing was missed or there's no cells further up. 

I'm more cross to be honest that they've been so vague and all this worrry has essentially been for nothing and it's not over yet, I now have to wait 5 months for more answers. Just need to try and forget about it until then I guess!

I hope you all get good results back. 

Hi all, first post. I have had a similar experience. My results letter came back today and said no cancer but they are discussing my case at their next meeting and would be in touch to discuss the management plan. They referred to finding CIN but no grad was given. I also found the vagueness of it all less than reassuring. Sending hugs to you all. 

Hello all,

I'm still awaiting the letter from the MDT meeting so in the meantime I went to my GP to see if he had any further info which unfortunately he didn't.  He said that the likelihood would be a repeat smear in 6 months time and that the phrasing of the letter could gave been better! He thinks the normal sample they are referring to just means they didn't find cancer and removed all they needed to. But I'm still waiting with baited breath for this to be confirmed by them and not just assumed. 

I'm worried that they will ignore the other symptoms I'm experiencing because no cancer has been found and I'll just be struck off the list. Something is wrong and I think it may be higher up. How do I go about finding the real problem?  

So many questions!  

UPDATE...

I had my 6 month follow up colposcopy today, the lady doing it said my cervix seems fine and has healed nicely, she did a ToC but the MDT meeting back in April suggested I have swabs taken of my vaginal wall also which she did do, she said it all looks okay to her so try not to worry but I'm now terrified i have Vaginal cancer - why would they not bring me back sooner for these swabs if they thought it was a possibility?
Am I overreacting? I came out feeling really positive but then checked on here as thought it was odd to have vaginal swabs taken and the mention of VAIN has panicked me. Would appreciate any advice