Unwell after Lletz

Hi i had my Lletz procedure 9 days ago, ive been feeling very drained ever since. The pain has eased off and i dont seem tohave any cramps unless i try to do to much physical things during the day. I decided to leave the house for the 1st time 2 days ago to go into town, i managed an hour then had to leave because of thecramps and then really suffered for the rest of the day.

Im just really concerned that i have no energy at all, i have been trying to drink fizzy drinks to see if the sugar helps but nothing is working and im just spending every day laying on the sofa as i have no energy to do my normal day to day things, even the thought of making dinner makes me feel exhausted!

I spoke to a nurse from the hospital on tuesday (day 4) and she said what i was experiancing was perfectly normal as its a physical and emotionally draining, however i expexted by after a week id be back to 100%

The bleeding only started a couple of days ago and its not overly heavy.

my husband has been amazing and he thinks im just emotionally drained from all the worry of whats been going on.

has anyone else experianced this? is it normal to still feel rubbish at day 9?

hi kandicrash

i too felt really drained after lletz, for a couple of weeks. i think some people are fine and others just don't respond well. take it easy until you feel better (you have had a surgical procedure after all) and if the bleeding gets heavy phone your hospital.

feel better soon - i completely empathise with you :( i didnt expect to feel so rank afterwards and actually i did, and i felt like a massive wimp. but, it is draining.

Thank you so much for replying, its made me feel so much better knowing im not alone and its normal!

Hi Kandicrash

Me too. It took me at least 3-4 weeks to feel remotely normal. Your body needs time to recover, and also it is a very emotional time not knowing what they will find, and waiting on results. I felt physically and emotionally wiped out. Everyone is different so be kind to yourself and don't expect too much. 

x

Hi,

i am am sorry you are feeling rubbish. I agree completely with the other ladies that everyone is very different in their responses and healing time.   I am 3 weeks post procedure and just starting to feel normal again.  Initially I tried to be really tough went back to work after less than a week but felt rubbish and ended up with an infection and being signed off.  

Take your time time and listen to your body.  Don't feel guilty for needing this  bit more time. I am back for a cold knife cone ( boo ) shortly just when I am starting to feel human.  Best of luck Hun.

Jane xxx

Thank you all for replying, it has made me feel more positive about my recovery! I'm still feeling so drained and keep going dizzy but i hope this won't last to much longer. My husbands grandad came over today and really upset me because he said 'you just need to tell yourself you feel ok in the mornings and you will feel better' i felt like I could cry after he said this As he made me feel like I was putting it on. I have a holiday booked for 3 weeks time so I'm just trying to focas on that. 

Im sorry to hear about your next procedure jane especially as your starting to feel well again, I hope all goes well for you 

It always makes me laugh when people tell you to pick yourself up and get on with it!  I find it helps to imagine in your head taking a baseball bat to their legs n telling them to walk it off! Is bound to make you smile if nothing else! Lol please note do not actually lift a bat and .. Lol you know your own body and you'll know when it is better! Just be patient and don't be so hard on yourself. X

It always makes me laugh when people tell you to pick yourself up and get on with it!  I find it helps to imagine in your head taking a baseball bat to their legs n telling them to walk it off! Is bound to make you smile if nothing else! Lol please note do not actually lift a bat and .. Lol you know your own body and you'll know when it is better! Just be patient and don't be so hard on yourself. X

hahah need for life, im definately going to remember thinking of that, i wonder if ill be able to hold in the giggles!!

I had lletz done on Tuesday 10th Jan, general tiredness , today I feel like i have been hit by a bus . My body aces  my hurt hurts and I have the chills and can't get warm.

i haven't been bleeding that much and the camps calmed down after a couple of days 

starting to worry that something is wrong , I don't understand why I feel this bad . 

Its been 6 days I thought I would feel better by not worse , I had a general anaesthetic.

It’s been 4 days since I had LLETZ under GA for CIN 3. The op went fine and I have no bleeding. I posting under this thread as I am feeling pretty awful. I don’t have an infection but I feel extremely tired and drained after the slightest effort. I am usually fit and healthy. Im So surprised to feel this way.