"Unsatisfactory" biopsy

Hi there. Im new to the site and just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience? I had my colposcopy last month where i was told I had high grade changes. However my consultant pretty much decided she wasnt going to give me treatment even before looking. I had a punch biopsy and have now a month later been told the biopsy was unsatisfactory and need to return in a month for review. Again I have been told I dont need treatment. I just wondered if it was usual for someone with high grade changes to not have treatment as most stories i have read of those who have these kinds of changes have needed treatment. Such a stressful time to go through so I would appreciate a word from anyone who has a similar story. Thanks

You poor thing!

I have to say I have never heard of anything like this before. If I were in your shoes I'd make sure that I had a very long list of questions with me the next time I went along.

Be lucky

Tivoli

Hi Miss H25,

I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.I was told I had high grade dyskaryosis, went to colposcopy where they took punch biospies but no treatment and have now been referred back to colposcopy for further biopsies. I felt similar to you as from googling you never come across people with high grade changes not having treatment, it's massively stressful but I think it's reassuring that you don't need treatment, cells change so much over time that it sounds as though they're just being cautious and triple checking you're ok..

Hi Miss H25,

I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.I was told I had high grade dyskaryosis, went to colposcopy where they took punch biospies but no treatment and have now been referred back to colposcopy for further biopsies. I felt similar to you as from googling you never come across people with high grade changes not having treatment, it's massively stressful but I think it's reassuring that you don't need treatment, cells change so much over time that it sounds as though they're just being cautious and triple checking you're ok..

Thanks. Thats reassuring. Im due back at the clinic in a week. So hopefully will know more then. Thanks for the replies