Ulceration and lump

Hi, I am new to this board and desperate for some advice. I had some bleeding in between my periods in January and February. Two weeks ago I went to the doctor and they found a 1cm smooth lump on my cervix with lots of ulceration around it, particularly on one side.
I’ve tried to find causes of ulceration on the Internet and can only find cervical cancer.
I have been referred urgently to colposcopy. I’m in a state of complete panic. I’m struggling to focus at work. I’m finding it very hard to wait for this colposcopy and then have read it will be a few weeks after before I hear anything regarding what the lump is.
Do any of you have any experience of ulceration?
Thank you

I didn't want to read and not post. I'm not use advice wise but can imagine your worry.

Try not to Google things too much because I imagine there will be 101 reasons for ulcerations but the internet only ever seems to point out the worst on any symptoms.

I hope everything goes ok for you and try not let your mind be your worst enemy. 

X

Hi,

Thank you for your kind reply. You're right my mind is really my worst enemy along with Google . I saw you were rushed to hospital. I hope you're recovering and ok. X